Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 03:45 PM

8 posts, read 14,813 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I'm a qualified dog trainer, a single 34 years old with(yet) no finished degree and a foreigner(non American-continental) and now I'm contemplating real hard whether to come to BC(Victoria) to take there a high quality and very recommended and highly regarded course in that same field with thinking seriously afterwards to stay in the area and to grow and being developed within my craft.

I'm struggling now to just figure out if there's a possibility after spending generous sums of money to find a place which could employ me(legally) in the end of the program(possible in other provinces as well) and with all that on my mind I was also amusing myself with the privileged question: what would be the preferred place to settle down.

With all that being written it'll be great if someone, anyone could generously give me a good judgmental insight of yours regarding my aims, the plausibility(of my plan), tips of direction and other productive tips etc

Great thanks on advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 08:32 PM

315 posts, read 1,624,730 times
you may already have this worked out but...my only tip would be to get familiar with the study permit process. If you need to work while you are here, you would also need a student-related work permit. Just remember, it is not as easy as just showing up at the border, registering for a class, and becomming a resident.

Studying in Canada: Study permits

Old 07-19-2008, 09:11 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,747,524 times
Also be a good idea to find out just how much demand there is for "highly qualified" dog trainers.

In my very limited experience, most places offering training have an attached kennel operation which sells pups partially on the basis that those pups originate from a well regarded training/show kennel operation.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:03 AM

[LEFT]Hi ZX14TJ, well about the study permit, I'm still working about it, trying to figure out if I'll arrive to the course and in the end of it I'll get lucky and will find a job under a verified employer could it be possible to stay legally?
Are you a Canadian? What's the lifestyle in your area/province? How is the labor market around there?

Thank's[/LEFT]

Old 07-20-2008, 11:20 AM

Default Hi Cornerguy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
Also be a good idea to find out just how much demand there is for "highly qualified" dog trainers.
[LEFT]Hey Cornerguy1, Is there any systematical tool to figure this out?(by province, by metro area, by city). The school has numerous testimonials of graduates which Launched their own career business with much success and offers anybody who considers registration to check them out(which I will, of course)

Thank's[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada