U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:34 PM

26 posts, read 116,598 times

Advertisements

1) Which city is better for me (18 years old, going to university)
2) Does it snow a lot in Ottawa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 12:52 PM

9,972 posts, read 10,916,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by draketheshocker11 View Post
2) Does it snow a lot in Ottawa?

Consider that Ottawa received over 400 cm (150 inches) of snow last winter between late November and the first days of April. This is, however, about twice the average it has seen in recent years, which is still around 200 cm for almost any given winter.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:49 PM

33 posts, read 82,923 times
I've lived in ottwa all my life,and i wish i was in Vancouver to go to school instead. The weather here is absolutely ridiculous,8 months of freezing cold it sucks.If you dont mind the cold,then its okay

Vancouvers a more vibrant lively city,with more to do in my opinion.Its warmer,and you have the beach(ottawas beaches suck the only okay one is petrie island) but it also rains alot in the winter buy hey,thats better than snow and the ice ottawa recieves(which i've slipped on far to many times).I also know that in Vancouver the universities arent downtown campus and the city is kinda seperated. Herein ottawa U of O is right smack downtown 3 mins away from rideau mall,which is pretty convenient actually.But if you do go to university here go to carleton University,and easier than U of Ottawa and its also alot funner,with more party's and events. There is also a huuge population of asians in vancouver,theres lots of delicious asian places to eat i would say alot more so than any other place in Canada. Honestly Vancouver wins,sucks to say since im stuck in ottawa for a bit. Maybe i should move there too,but also know that Montreals amazing aswell.And its the funnest and friendliest out of both IMO,althought the winters still suck . People on Canada who want to party go to montreal,they know how to party their asses off,they put ottawa to shame in that subject,lol.For example Some of their clubs close at 9 in the morning,and have spinning dancefloors and pools on the roof. We have tiled floors lmao,and our clubs close at 3am latest. Also the guys there are ridiculously hot,and really really friendly their definetly not shy to say the least.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:09 AM

1,036 posts, read 1,925,192 times
^ 8 Months of freezing cold in Ottawa? Let's not exaggerate here, it's more like 4 months.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A touch of tropical sky View Post

Vancouvers a more vibrant lively city,with more to do in my opinion.Its warmer,and you have the beach(ottawas beaches suck the only okay one is petrie island) .
To be frank Ottawa summers are actually quite a bit warmer than Vancouver's (average highs of 27 in Ott vs 21 in Vancouver), so you get quite a bit more hot beach weather in Ottawa. But winter is no comparison as you said.

And there are dozens of pretty good lake beaches just across the river from Ottawa in Quebec. Not quite the ocean, but very nice just the same.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:50 AM

10 posts, read 26,571 times
My friend, go to Vancouver without a hesitation. Do not come here to this French infested Ottawa. Vancouver will offer you better things and overall weather in Vancovuer is better.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan View Post
My friend, go to Vancouver without a hesitation. Do not come here to this French infested Ottawa. Vancouver will offer you better things and overall weather in Vancovuer is better.
That's hilarious!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:55 PM

33 posts, read 82,923 times
haha that made me laugh too! and i agree vancouver is better

Old 03-23-2010, 07:10 PM

9,096 posts, read 12,479,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
That's hilarious!
I know, what next.. Chinese infested Van[Hong]couver?

Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 PM

24 posts, read 49,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan View Post
If Ottawa is "french infested", what would you call Montreal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada