Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the greatest mix of hot women?
Montréal 20 62.50%
Toronto 12 37.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 4,045 times

Advertisements

Nah Toronto women are the hottest cause they are smart and hot too.
Montreal women have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to non-french men cause the city doesn't like english visitors much (no english signs in a bilingual city and population - give me a break) so Montreal women will be snobby around Americans and people from english parts. If you try talking english some will even give you dirty looks for not speaking in french to them. But not EVERYONE speaks french and they don't seem to understand this concept.

Many anglos left the city of Montreal after the infamous referendum in disgust at the erosion of their english language rights so this linguistic tension lingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 04:32 PM

6 posts, read 17,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdo View Post
Montreal by a long shot!!!!! Im living here and there is no comparision!!
been to both cities and toronto wins

Old 10-13-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinVancouver View Post
Montreal women are hotter, and easier. And younger - a lot of the Montreal hotties are from Toronto originally, and head back to Toronto after school, and a few years of working a dead-end Montreal job.
ye but like you said most hot montreal women are from toronto so TO wins

Old 10-13-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocuri View Post
Montreal by far.
toronto, hands down

Old 10-14-2009, 08:43 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,987,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyPrimo View Post
Nah Toronto women are the hottest cause they are smart and hot too.
Montreal women have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to non-french men cause the city doesn't like english visitors much (no english signs in a bilingual city and population - give me a break) so Montreal women will be snobby around Americans and people from english parts. If you try talking english some will even give you dirty looks for not speaking in french to them. But not EVERYONE speaks french and they don't seem to understand this concept.

Many anglos left the city of Montreal after the infamous referendum in disgust at the erosion of their english language rights so this linguistic tension lingers.
I'm an American (Michigan which is a suburb of Canada. LOL) and have been to Toronto several times and Montreal the last two summers. I have not found Montreal to be snobby at all. Au contraire. It is one of the friendliest large cities I have ever visited. But I do try to use some basic French initially. Why wouldn't I? it is only common courtesy when visiting a foreign language environment to make an effort to speak the language.

And yes the Montreal women are way hotter. But the women of either city surpass most women in U.S. cities. Ohhh Canada

Old 10-14-2009, 11:05 AM

287 posts, read 1,010,324 times
A friend of mine went to McGill. He said he found it really hard meeting women in Montreal because he didn't speak French, and he's pretty handsome.

Anyway, as far as going by just a criterion of "hot women", it's close but I'd say Toronto wins.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:41 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
Montreal the last two summers. I have not found Montreal to be snobby at all. Au contraire. It is one of the friendliest large cities I have ever visited. But I do try to use some basic French initially. Why wouldn't I? it is only common courtesy when visiting a foreign language environment to make an effort to speak the language.
Most Canadians living outside Quebec do not consider Quebec to be a "foreign language environment"...

Old 10-14-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Most Canadians living outside Quebec do not consider Quebec to be a "foreign language environment"...
Then what would a language other than one's own and that one is not fluent in be called?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:01 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
Then what would a language other than one's own and that one is not fluent in be called?

I understand your point. I was being partly facetious, but the truth is that most Canadians, whether they speak French or not, do not view Quebec as a ''foreign'' place, but as part of *their* country. Foreign to most people implies crossing an international boundary.

Some English-speaking Canadians do speak French, and will use it when travelling in Quebec or if they move there.

But I guess the real answer is that, with some exceptions, most Canadians from other provinces don't view Quebec as a French-speaking area (albeit within the same country) where they have to make the types of adjustments (trying to use some basic French initially, making an effort to speak the language) like you described in your previous post.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I understand your point. I was being partly facetious, but the truth is that most Canadians, whether they speak French or not, do not view Quebec as a ''foreign'' place, but as part of *their* country. Foreign to most people implies crossing an international boundary.

Some English-speaking Canadians do speak French, and will use it when travelling in Quebec or if they move there.

But I guess the real answer is that, with some exceptions, most Canadians from other provinces don't view Quebec as a French-speaking area (albeit within the same country) where they have to make the types of adjustments (trying to use some basic French initially, making an effort to speak the language) like you described in your previous post.
Point taken. I suppose as an American I do see Quebec as foreign because it's in a country other than my own.
Even when I go to Ontario though I make an effort to speak the language, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada