Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:39 PM

207 posts, read 747,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Everything the original poster says are exactly right. Here in America there are countless examples of how multiculturalism doesn't work, but that is for another post when I have more time.
"Multiculturalism" and "diversity" are the battle-cries of very naive and dangerous people (also known as liberals).
People of white Eurpoean descent have created clean, prosperous, advanced societies wherever they've gone in the world. Bringing in (and catering to) large numbers of unassimilable groups from second or third world countries is a recipe for disaster.

You sound like a Christian night going on a Crusade liberating Jerusalem
A Roman solders that only try to introduce their modernized culture to the neighboring countries.
A Royal Queen army trying to save the world (America and Asia) by introduces them to the European religion.
A modern day hero GWB trying to save the Iraqi people from the Evil doer.

The World today has been saved, liberated, and free by these wonderful European and American Crusaders.

History tell us that only Genghis Khan is the one that invaded, terrorized, stealing and murdered people around the world for the wealth for his country.

Last edited by LeafsFan85; 10-09-2008 at 12:49 PM..

Old 10-09-2008, 01:28 PM

5 posts, read 13,446 times
leangk..

the problem is to judge things that you have no knowledge about.. muslim religion does not ask to kill kids women.simply as i see all your information comes from tv so what i suggest is to find more information from books and try to know the other side point of view then you will have the big picture.
no one single muslim country attack european or U.S or Canada or even africa or brazil..
when i asked you about coming to your house and give you order's it was just a simple example of what happining in islamic world as European U.S attacking a peaceful nation killing kidds, women ,
destroying entire nation future and their right to live. Iraq, is the recent example. what was the reason .. A lie and the real reason was Oil. and who was sadam hussain? he was the European & US man there giving him everything he needed against Iran and know he is a terrorist? so Undrestand the big picture and see the other point of view before you judge.
thanks for your time.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:50 PM

609 posts, read 1,170,886 times
did I ever say that the muslim religion asks for women and children to be killed? or did i say word for word. heres a quote ace.

"because the political leaders ahve warped the koran and the religion enough to justify the murder of women and children in exchange for paradise."

the koran and the religion does not, well it calls for the death of infidels, jsut liek the christian bible, but the muslim religion, the religion of peace, the true religion no does not call for thier death.

as i said, whcih you managed to somehow skip over, the leaders ahve warped it. jsut liek how the pope warped the bible in the crusades, same deal.\

a single muslim country attacking another developed western one? no. ahve branches of large islamic militant organizations such as the taleban and al qaeda. most certainly.

simply because they dont wave under only one flag, or have a nation called "durkadurkastan" mean we cant attack them? hell no. the Taliban contorled afganistans government and the al qaeda had several training camps.

and pelase dont get me started on oil. iraq doesnt even have the biggest oil reserve in the world. i think it goes saudi, canada, then brazil. (please im not sure so if someone could give a more detialed list that would be better. i may be wrong so sorrry ahead i dont have time)

please look at a damn map. iraq is litterally one of the farthest countries form the united states. economically it wouldnt make sense to choose them based on thier ability to resist, distance and amount of oil. its simply f**** economics. isnt the US losing money?

the oil scheme is a huge left lie that is not backed up by any evidence. only speculation

Old 10-09-2008, 02:10 PM

5 posts, read 13,446 times
sorry if i missundrestood you there in religion side, but i guess we are in the same page. tell you how..
taliban was supported as well as alqaeda and been trained by the CIA Osama him self been trained by CIA so there is no religion here its polotics and all about intrest. US losing money but at the same time Rich people in US making money war manifucturies making money.. who losing money here is taxt payer.
the second point who paying the bill for the war the Gulf saudi arabia they pay for Gulf war and still paying it for Iraq + a free oil exporting it from Iraq and sell you in a high price and do some search about Iraq and the ability of that country and geographical position.
The Afgan president mr. karazi he is former Halliburton advisor.
what is going on here is that few people are moving the world as their intrest goes.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:36 PM

638 posts, read 1,913,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
You can't be tolerant of the intolerant. Even you will learn of that eventually, but by then it will be too late for Western Civilization. Every country should have the right to preserve its identity-without millions from the 3rd world immigrating.

If Georgia is so bad, so unbearable, why do you stay? Have you ever even been out of the country?

Typical of you calling him a racist since you have no argument to stand on.
Agreed. What pisses me off is it's okay if they keep their culture and shove it down our throats but if we are trying to save our culture (crappy as it may be at times) we are called racist.

If I wanted chinese, mexican, african etc. culture I'd go visit.

People need to check out a movie called God Grew Tired of Us.. amazing movie about Sudanese refugees coming to the US and keeping their identity but not shoving it down our throat and learning our culture.. absolutely lovely, eye opening documentary.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:49 AM

the fact that the taleban and stuff ws trianed by the CIA means absolutely nothing. it was jsut meant to stop the spread of communism and was an idealistic victory for the united states.

The fact is, depsite what you say, they are making NO MONEY FROM THE WAR

there are around 150 000 troops in iraq and each eyar it is costing hundreds of billions of dollars.

the fact is the US is in a financial crisis. the headlines arent saying "Us amking money but middle class is disapearing". all fo the US is losing money from the war. the fact that afew individuals are makign some money is not enough to outweigh the cost, thats obvious.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:33 AM

take a look here

Dunner's: Update: How Much Oil Does America Import?

why invade one of the countries that by far produces the least oil to the united states and is arguably one of the msot expensive places to invade? (based on geographical location, opposition form sorounding countries and so on).

theres no evidence or any reasonable explanation to invade iraq or all countries

Old 10-10-2008, 08:47 AM

around 1.4 trillion dollars is spent by the us buying gas each year

imports from countries six through ten (Angola, Iraq, Algeria, Ecuador, and Kuwait) made up only 17.95% of the total; (Dunner's: Update: How Much Oil Does America Import?)
the fact is that the Us imports only around 3% of their total oil from iraq. the majority of oil in iraq, is actually in the northern kurdish region, where israel ahs the excavation rights.

Therefore, the amount of money the Us ahs to theoretically spend is onyl around 40 million dollars.... or according to the left. amkes form the war is 40 million dolalrs...... comapred to the hundreds of billions they spend....

Old 10-10-2008, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,255 times
DUDE, Multi-culturalism works, in America (new york) there are the jews, the greeks, the italians, the blacks, the indians, dude the ability to go down in Manahattan an talk to friends who are jewish and whose parents came to America in poverty and made it, like wise with the Italians or the lebaneese I know in Chicago.
Alot of jews I know consider Isreal there spiritual home, one of my friends who went last summer said "It was like becoming, a feeling like I belong", I know this is not universal but many may see there loyalty towards Israel on the same platform as they see the US.
And why should they not feel that?
Dude, Your Italian, your Arab,chineese, you should not loose your culture or the point of Ancestory.
Like wise if a muslim enters in to a society you can't argue to him when he says that he can't come with you because he cannot drink.
PEOPLE NEVER LOOSE THERE CULTURE THEY GIVE IT UP, never say Canada is loosing its culture, thats bull**** Canada is giving it up.

However, people get worried when there society is changing because the people that are coming don't look like them, don't think like them, everyone wants a mirrior image of themselves this bull**** "we Europeans built this country", to me that comes from a place in the heart where low self esteem comes from

What I hate though is when people come in this place and one too tell me how corrupt my society is. Then why the hell did u come here for?
Or people who complain, take no zeal to learn the culture. I remember a friend telling me in Vancouver that he said that he often recieved letters in Chineese, I THINK THAT THIS BULL****.Let those come who first love our country be the first to come, not leechers, who want to make this place like the country they left

Old 10-10-2008, 04:47 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,516,227 times
This thread just caught my eye, but I'll chip in here...."mulitculturalism doesn't work" in the truest sense, because the very notion of it "working" is dishonest. By that I mean TRUE 'multiculturalism
COULDN'T work....and if it DID work, it wouldn't be 'true'.

Culture isn't just "food, music, hairstyles, and art"...culture is EVERYTHING. It determines our sense of right and wrong....our place in our society....the way men treat women, and the way parents treat children. "Culture" is why Canada is different from Siberia....or Arizona is different from Sonora...or why the 'desert dwellers' of Afghanistan and Iran are different from the 'desert dwellers' of Utah and Nevada.

Culture determines whether we 'run' our society, or are 'run BY it'....whether we "do" things, or have things "done TO us". It determines whether we value laws or 'family obligations', etc etc etc.

For THESE reasons, cultures are NOT altogether 'negotiable'. Oftentimes, what's perfectly OK in one culture is NOT allowed in another, and vice-versa. One culture's 'criminal' is another culture's 'hero'.

That's why, IMHO, in the end, you can't REALLY have two, three, or fifteen cultures, all existing side-by-side, and ALL claiming to be "OK", and claiming that the OTHERS are "OK", too. It just doesn't work that way. One culture or another is going to dominate....and if THAT happens, then you're not TRULY multicultural at all.

Cultures, by the nature of what they are, are simply not going to exist peacefully, side-by-side, no one 'dominating', and everyone agreeing that everyone ELSE is "OK". Either one culture or the other is going to 'take over'..or ALL parties are going to have to be FORCED to 'get along', by means of harsh, restrictive laws.

Probably the best we can ever hope for is to find a generally liberal, secular culture, in which MANY cultures are allowed to exhibit their "best", while restraining their rougher aspects. Such a scenario already exists...Canada, the USA, and a few other places...not REALLY 'multicultural', but very tolerant of the "GOOD parts" of many cultures.

By the way, "multicultural" should not be confused with "multiracial" or "multiethnic". That kind of diversity is fine..but you can't run a country, or a society, without SOME notion of a common culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada