Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 07:15 PM

65 posts, read 185,292 times

Advertisements

I just have a general question. First, I was checking the website for boost mobile coverage-service. It only has U.S. coverage. My phone is a qualcomm 3g CDMA. and for some reason can't get to the canada coverage on the website. Figuring that this might be alot easier to ask whom may concern. So, here's the question... How good is the coverage up there? (Possibly, by Belleville, Tyendinaga, Tweed, areas)

Well, if boost mobile carrier don't insist up in Canada then, how about Verizon and how good is their coverage map? I really rather not have to spend extra money to buy a different cellphone just for a vacation up in those general areas I've mention. Guess, if necessary then, I'll look into another cellphone service.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 07:40 PM

984 posts, read 2,712,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_truckdriver View Post
I just have a general question. First, I was checking the website for boost mobile coverage-service. It only has U.S. coverage. My phone is a qualcomm 3g CDMA. and for some reason can't get to the canada coverage on the website. Figuring that this might be alot easier to ask whom may concern. So, here's the question... How good is the coverage up there? (Possibly, by Belleville, Tyendinaga, Tweed, areas)

Well, if boost mobile carrier don't insist up in Canada then, how about Verizon and how good is their coverage map? I really rather not have to spend extra money to buy a different cellphone just for a vacation up in those general areas I've mention. Guess, if necessary then, I'll look into another cellphone service.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks
Boost's web site specically states they don't let you make international roaming calls so your phone just won't work in Canada. It is possible if you are close enough to the river you might pick up the odd US cell tower.

Verizon and AT&T don't use their own networks in Canada. They partner with local carriers Rogers and Bell. Your calls will roam automatically. Make sure you don't use maps or any data features if you have a smartphone. The data charges could get real expensive. Both Verizon and AT&T let you switch to a different plan that includes canadian calls or has them a lot cheaper then normal roaming. I know with AT&T you can switch to the NATION+Canada plan while you are away. then switch back to your regular plan when you get back.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:28 PM

Do you know how much At&t usually cost for international calling? Some of their phones has the $50 unlimited plan but, cost extra for out of U.S. calls.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:43 PM

If you do nothing. you'll pay 79 cents a minute for calls while in canada

If you do the add-on for 4.99/month you pay 59 cents a minute.

Or you can change your basic package to one that includes canada and your calls are the same as if you were in the US.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 AM

Thanks for all the help you are giving me, I really do appreciate it. About the package deal, so like if I call someone in the U.S. (even, though I still have an local U.S number) will the calls/ text/ web still be unlimited minutes? Or just certain amount...

Old 06-18-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_truckdriver View Post
Thanks for all the help you are giving me, I really do appreciate it. About the package deal, so like if I call someone in the U.S. (even, though I still have an local U.S number) will the calls/ text/ web still be unlimited minutes? Or just certain amount...
Same kind of packages you have now they just include Canada. You have to look at the details on their website
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada