Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 06:34 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,148,523 times

Advertisements

Oh I would definately choose P.E.I. IMO!! If I had the money for a summer house I'd buy one in P.E.I. in a heartbeat!! Depends kinda on what you want. I mean if you want easy access to a semi good size city then N.S might be more want you want. Charlottown is a very unique little town though and I would absolutely love to spend afternoons lounging around at the museum, quaint little shops and cafes. If you have any specific questions I would love to answer them. (if I can )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 08:06 PM

34 posts, read 160,590 times
dreameyes - you have only reinforced for me the fact that I should experience it for myself. My brother in law lived there for a few years and he told me it was beautiful and that I'd never want to leave. If I can manage time to copy over some of the digital pics from our east coast trip, they will get posted.....keep watching.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:08 PM

Sounds good slarca! I'll be watching. I hope that someday I can return to my beloved P.E.I.
Although I'll say again that the west coast is definately not something to turn your nose up to either. Seriously I loved our trip to Vancouver Island and would gladly return there also. But there definately is something special about the east.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:08 AM

2 posts, read 6,217 times
Look into Annapolis Royal Nova Scotia.There recently has been plenty of listings of lands for sale.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 80,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
...I would absolutely love to spend afternoons lounging around at the museum, quaint little shops and cafes....
We have a museum? I've spent almost all of my 40 years here and I seem to have missed it...

Old 05-19-2007, 02:05 PM

Well I don't know what it was called but it was like an art museum. I remember it had a statue of some soldiers in front of it. (I have a picture of the statue)

Old 05-20-2007, 07:27 AM

Thumbs up Halifax

Ok Dreameyes, the pic of Halifax brought back a flood of memories for me. Stay tuned because I promise that tonight is the night I will attempt to upload some pics I have of our vacation (once the grandchildren leave). Next year is our planned trip back to NFLD & Labradour.Thank you for sharing.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:11 PM

Default PEI pics

Well I've been promising so here is the beginning! It was a difficult choice but I managed to narrow the selection down to these few. Dreameyes, I believe you mentioned the museum with the soldier monument out front? I've got a shot of that, let me know if it is the one you were referring to. It will be 2 years this summer since we went out East and I think about it alot. A return visit is a must. Keep watching as I have Newfoundland, New Brunswick and Halifax to follow. Commentary very welcome!

Last edited by slarca; 08-22-2007 at 09:00 PM..

Old 05-26-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Halifax

There are two pics taken from Dartmouth, one looking across to Halifax and the other has the buoy in the foreground and the bridge in the background. I'd have to dig out my travel diary to find the name of the bridge as it escapes me at this time. Halifax has such wonderful architecture and history! After touring the Museum of The Atlantic I was reduced to tears reading about the Titanic, seeing the artifacts that were left from the ship and the many other ships that went down in the Atlantic.
Next post - ahhh, beautiful Newfoundland ~ now that is beauty!

Old 05-26-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Newfoundland

Big Gloomy Land of Ice, that is what it's name means. I can understand why in the winter from the pictures I've seen but from firsthand experience summer is absolutely beautiful. All these pics are taken inside Gros Morne National park. The Lighthouse, if memory serves me, is still a working lighthouse. What a lonely job the lighthouse keeper had! We understand now why people from Newfoundland love their homeland so much. It was a touch choice selecting the pics for this post, I only hope you get a feel from them of the beauty. Enjoy

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada