Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 07:42 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,469 times

Advertisements

A picture says 1000 words! Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
PEI & NS pics-cavendish.jpg   PEI & NS pics-peggys-cove1.jpg   PEI & NS pics-peggy-cove.jpg   PEI & NS pics-nw-pei.jpg   PEI & NS pics-lighthouse.jpg  

PEI & NS pics-east-pei.jpg   PEI & NS pics-halifax.jpg   PEI & NS pics-lunenburg.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 06:30 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,656,906 times
Now you've done it! I am running out to get some lottery tickets and we are moving! LOL Great pics Thank you!

Old 02-15-2007, 09:21 AM

266 posts, read 1,195,668 times
gorgeous photos. I have never been farther East than Montreal - I'd definitely like to, though!

Old 02-17-2007, 11:27 AM

411 posts, read 1,601,589 times
jk, pick me up a coupla lottery tix too! I'm packing my suitcases!

What is the downside to living there? Winters, I bet...

Old 02-20-2007, 11:51 AM

I've never lived in PEI but I did visit there and yes I've heard winters can be kinda brutal in the east. My sister lives in NS and says that although the winters are a little milder than western Canada it is the humidity. She says that the cold just sticks to your bones and you can't seem to get warm. (of coarse that's not always-I don't wanna discourage you) It's really quite windy on the island and although the ocean is amazing to watch you probably wouldn't wanna swim in it even in august )
I think PEI would be a great place to live if you're retired or a fisherman. Other than that I think jobs would be a big obstacle.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:37 PM

82 posts, read 619,135 times
Having recently moved from the Maritimes to the US, i'd have to agree with the "Jobs" part of your statement. In order to really take advantage of the Maritimes, you'd definitely want to have the occupational side sorted before relocating. bare in mind that I'm a bit biased as all of my family are from Cape Breton Island, but even after spending 18 years on the West Coast in Victoria on Vancouver Island, and Whistler (both in BC), I have to say that the Maritimes do have a beauty to rival the west, it's just a different kind. The difference between "Betty and Veronica" in many regards.
Pei has some great beaches that, due to where they are situated, are actually pretty warm and make for great swimming.
Great Pics, thanks for sharing

Old 04-10-2007, 06:40 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,766 times
Your photos make me heartsick. My mom is from Antigonish and we lived in Halifax when I was little. Peggy's Cove and Lunenberg were frequent destinations. I had second cousins who lived at Malignant Cove and the water was definitely warm enough to swim in summer. Loads of jellyfish, though. I wish I could get up there more. I'm in South Carolina now; it's beautiful, too, but nothing is like the Maritimes. Dad is a Newfie - nothing like that island, either. So beautiful.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:26 PM

34 posts, read 160,449 times
My husband and I drove out to Nova Scotia then took the ferry over to Newfoundland, we are in Windsor. The East Coast is absolutely gorgeous and we both thoroughly enjoyed our time there. We fell in love with Newfoundland~ the people were very friendly. We want to go back and spend another week on "the island" then cross over to Labrador. My husband has been out West, I haven't. He wants me to see the West as well although I do get the feeling from him that he prefers the East Coast.
It cost me a fortune to develop all the pics but they were worth every cent.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:42 PM

Well don't discount the west coast. Vancouver Island is extremely beautiful also.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:32 PM

50 posts, read 306,344 times
Default Retirement home.

To the people who know the area what would be a go place to have a summer retirement home on N.S. or P.E.I.? I'm looking for some land or a low cost house that I can have when I retire in about 15 years and have for a summer home. Thanks in advance for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada