Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,701 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I would like to know some opinions about which country is beter for living, Im really confused because I love Canada, I have been there some times and I asked for the permanent residence one year and a half ago, and at the same time I am living in the United States 8 months ago and I met a very nice person who ask me to get married... and I dont know if this country is that nice as Canada, talking about the people and the oportunities to get a good job.

At least both of them are nice and clean... big and rich

Miranda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 02:15 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,968,134 times
Canada. Education much better and safer. Think children.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:34 PM

50 posts, read 246,066 times
There is no comparison; the sense of either the Anglo or the Franco is too pronounced in eastern Canadian cities and Vancouver/Victoria to compare with let's say Philadelphia or Sandusky. St. Johns, Nwfld. is great - Quebec City is like a small 17th cent. French town that was set up in North America.. Toronto has a great feel of Asian meets Anglo meets snow, with a lot of sliver, gold, glass and great lighting. D.C. is probably the most beautiful US city, followed by NYC, and then all the rest far below.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:35 PM

50 posts, read 246,066 times
Go to Canada, beome a citizen and then you'll have Commonwealth status and access. In the US, you have the world's most powerful nuclear arsenal with most citizens reading on the 6th grade level.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:26 PM

4,382 posts, read 16,709,992 times
Well, Education is not bad at all in private school, but I went to public middle schools growning up and i became a succesful architect, children are fine here. Also, America gets a horrible rep for crime, war etc, when a lot is exadurated, I've never had a crime incident, even in some of the worst for crime american cities (New Orleans, Detroit, etc). The countires both have Amazing cities - imo, the most beautiful are Boston, DC, san Francisco, New York, Philly, Charleston, Baltimore, etc. And please don't beleive the steriotype that says americans are all dumb because they aren't all dumb at all and most have about a 6th grade reading level, I think that was just a comment from some one who doesn't exactly like America (like the rest of world), Both countries are excellent choices, do whatever makes you happy

Old 11-11-2007, 12:07 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,279,224 times
Well, take it as you will, but, while American immigration to Canada has been on the rise the past couple of years, and Canadian immigration to the United States has been declining (most likely reflecting Bush dissatisfaction on both ends)... there are STILL over 23,000 Canadians that moved South to America last year and 11000 Americans that moved north to Canada.

America has 10X the population of Canada, so that's a significant difference per capita!

Find your own paradise. The United States is so much "larger" than Canada in every way except landmass. You really can't compare the two fairly anymore than it's fair to compare California to New Hampshire, or big city living to the suburbs. I prefer Canadian politics for the most part, but there's something really special and kinda interesting about living in the tumultuous, raucous, conflicted center of the Empire.

Both countries have good areas and bad. The United States has every geographical and climatic option to choose from. You'd be wise to research the various and distinct areas of the United States, as there's 1000 different ways to get a typical "American" life!

Old 11-11-2007, 01:41 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,268,183 times
ahh Canada is very similar to the US, you would be happy in either one. the US is probably just as nice, but our Humongous cities(NY, LA, Chicago, Houston, SD, Dallas Miami, and SF) are very fast paced and people stop to care about each other in the mess. I think either one will suit you fine though.
Where did you move from? China? Mexico? Philippines? India? Pakistan? this will also play a role in which country is better for you.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:53 PM

168 posts, read 1,209,290 times
If you can handle the weather, I say Canada.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:21 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,860,511 times
If you like high taxes and living off the gov't, go to Canada, If you want to make your own way in the world and keep more of your own money, go to the US. If you come from Europe, or probably anywhere else in the world, Canada's social system will be more familiar.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:32 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,376,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStone View Post
Go to Canada, beome a citizen and then you'll have Commonwealth status and access. In the US, you have the world's most powerful nuclear arsenal with most citizens reading on the 6th grade level.
Wondering where your information regarding most Americans have a 6th grade level of education comes from do you have anything to back that statement or is it just your opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada