Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:44 PM

229 posts, read 688,914 times

Advertisements

What is the most muggy city in the summer? I've heard it is Windsor, but I am looking for opinions. I know Vancouver, and the rest of the west are not very humid, but how would all the eastern cities compare, in terms of being sticky, muggy, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 07:03 PM

482 posts, read 2,412,405 times
All the information you request is on this Environment Canada web site. Weather Winners WebSite (http://www.on.ec.gc.ca/weather/winners/intro-e.html - broken link)

Yes, Windsor is Canada's most humid city, by far...

Old 01-20-2009, 09:13 PM

10,781 posts, read 8,700,068 times
Never been to Windsor in summer, but I remember some horribly sticky summer days in Montreal. So if Windsor's worse than that ...

No wonder many Montrealers have country places up north, in the Laurentians. Far more pleasant there.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:27 AM

52 posts, read 136,674 times
I have lived in Windsor. So far, found it very muggy and sticky in summers. Never been to Vancouver so no idea.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:14 PM

1,048 posts, read 6,432,076 times
Vancouver is never sticky humid in the summer, ever. You just don't get any of the humidity that southern Ontario and Quebec are famous for. The air cools down at night in the summer - hardly anybody has air conditioning here.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:17 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,642,947 times
In Newfoundland, the word is "mawzy", and they have very few opportunities to use it.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:47 AM

482 posts, read 2,412,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Never been to Windsor in summer, but I remember some horribly sticky summer days in Montreal. So if Windsor's worse than that ...

No wonder many Montrealers have country places up north, in the Laurentians. Far more pleasant there.
Windsor humidity and heat is like Montreal times two.

In Windsor you go from your air conditioned house to air conditioned car (in the air conditioned garage) to the air conditioned workplace, to the air conditioned store and repeat...

Air Conditioning is consider a life essential in that part of the world.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:32 AM

20 posts, read 72,460 times
Oh boy Montreal in the summer is a killer with humidity, and it gets to the point where your clothes are just glued to you. I hate montreal in the summer it just is so uncomfortable lol.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:22 PM

10,781 posts, read 8,700,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajau View Post
Windsor humidity and heat is like Montreal times two..
Yuk!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajau View Post
In Windsor you go from your air conditioned house to air conditioned car (in the air conditioned garage) to the air conditioned workplace, to the air conditioned store and repeat...

Air Conditioning is consider a life essential in that part of the world.
And I noticed from that Weather Winners sight that Kingston is Number 3 on that list. How depressing. We're returning to Canada next year, and Kingston's on our short list of cities to live in. So now I know why those online real estate listings have a lot of houses with aircon. Not so much a luxury, as an absolute requirement.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:57 PM

20 posts, read 72,460 times
I have to chuckle over this. I live with an american who comes from florida. When he first arrived in Montreal in June he could not believe how humid July was and asked if air conditioners were standard in the homes like in florida. To this I replied "no heating is essential air conditioning is not" lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada