U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 08:41 AM

22 posts, read 65,682 times

Advertisements

Hi im Jewel from Calif..
Im a Filipino working in USA(greencard holder)
Im thinking of migrating to CN for the reason to get my family in Manila PH and joined me abroad..
here in the US its not possible or should i say the wait time is aprx 10-20yrs.. and its complicated and GAY marriage is not possible here in US.

Im thinking of PQ or MB to migrate on to..
MB has provincial nominee and Filipinos says thats the access point in CN due to Provincial nominee program, the process may take aprx 12-24mos(1-2yrs) and your family can join u in MB..
PQ i really dnt hv any idea the amount of wait time process may take, is it the same with ONT province like 36-60mos(3-5 yrs) wait time?

I have no problem with French language..
another concern is the employment rate in PQ and MB, which province can offer a brighter future for me and my loveones without living from paychecks to paychecks..

thanks in advance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 08:44 PM

103 posts, read 424,349 times
Bonjour,

Well, all of this is very relative and depends on your skills and wills, of course. But if you possess some french knowledge and if you are open to it then you would be better off in Montreal simply because it is a big multi ethnic city with many possibilities.

As far as employment goes, well....i think it is probably similar and who knows what will happen with this recession therefor it depends on you and how you can adapt depending in where you settle, of course, but if you choose Montreal therefor you will be welcome........bienvenue !!!

I dont know if it is a big concern of your, the gay issues, but if it be reassured that Montreal as one of the most big, dynamic and interesting ''gay'' areas in all of North Americas.......so therefor it is a plus.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:30 PM

Antoyne_42

thanks.. that really helps..

Old 02-25-2009, 09:37 AM

9,096 posts, read 12,472,758 times
You can easily find unemployment rates and economic forecasts for the provinces on the net via google. The economies of the western provinces tend to be stronger than the eastern provinces due to the resource boom; but with oil prices being down there is some slow down. Saskatchewan is the one province that they are predicting will not experience a recession.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:26 PM

good for Saskatchewan.. thanks for the response MINIBRINGS..

do u have any idea about the spnsorship thing about the 2 province MB and PQ?

Old 02-25-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelph View Post
good for Saskatchewan.. thanks for the response MINIBRINGS..

do u have any idea about the spnsorship thing about the 2 province MB and PQ?
I'm confused. You said in another thread you have already applied and had done your medicals, you can't change to be a provincial nominee anymore..

Quote:
The thing is, i already applied for PR and ill be gettin it in aprx 6mos from nos since im done with medical and it seems everthing is OK..

Old 02-27-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I'm confused. You said in another thread you have already applied and had done your medicals, you can't change to be a provincial nominee anymore..
PR for Federal meaning i can choose any province where i want to reside.. im thinking of MB or QC to reunite with my family from PH..

i did a little research and shows MB has Provincial Nominee Program which is faster than the federal sponsorship for family(relative), i really dnt know about QC sponsorship program for Provincial Nominee..

Old 02-27-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
PR for Federal meaning i can choose any province where i want to reside.. im thinking of MB or QC to reunite with my family from PH..

i did a little research and shows MB has Provincial Nominee Program which is faster than the federal sponsorship for family(relative), i really dnt know about QC sponsorship program for Provincial Nominee..
So let me understand. You can go anywhere which is why you are looking at provinces? And you are thinking Manitoba as they have fast sponsorship for your family if you are living there. Correct? you are not talking about switching from Federal to Provincial for yourself -- you are looking for the best province to settle and they try to get your family over. And by the way, my mom used to live in Los Gatos.. sorry you are leaving the land of good weather!

Old 02-28-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
So let me understand. You can go anywhere which is why you are looking at provinces? And you are thinking Manitoba as they have fast sponsorship for your family if you are living there. Correct? you are not talking about switching from Federal to Provincial for yourself -- you are looking for the best province to settle and they try to get your family over. And by the way, my mom used to live in Los Gatos.. sorry you are leaving the land of good weather!
yah i want to be a resident of a province that provides good or fast process for sponsoring family members.. i know im gonna miss los Gatos.. but its for the good of my family living in PH.. i dnt wnt then to end their lives in PH that has no future for its citizen..

Old 02-28-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
yah i want to be a resident of a province that provides good or fast process for sponsoring family members.. i know im gonna miss los Gatos.. but its for the good of my family living in PH.. i dnt wnt then to end their lives in PH that has no future for its citizen..
Well pop in to the Los Gatos Roasting Company and say hi for me.. that was my favorite place.. as well as the farmers market in the town park.. I'd go there for oysters, veggies and Russian bread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada