Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2007, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 8,700 times

Advertisements

my boyfriend lives in calif. and is flying to seattle wash. this fri. i live in canada and am driving across to pick him up, he has a past D.U.I chage from like 6-7 yrs ago, and hasnt had anything since, do u think there will be a problem crossing back into canada w/ him???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 10:16 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
Hi Sweetz, I've been trying to find out the same thing. I have the same problem with an American friend coming to visit me in the early summer, and am concerned about it. She has a 6-8 year old DUI.
She's (and I) tried reaching a few of the Canadian Consulate offices in the US, but you CAN'T talk to a person by phone. All stinking recordings!!! Aren't there HUMAN BEING in the buildings? lol I've called all over both countries, and so far haven't gotten a clear answer from anyone, IF I've had the luck to reach a person at all.
I'd really appreciate it if you let me know how it goes, either on here, by private message, or... if it's easier, send an email to me gouligann@yahoo.com

Thanks so much, and GOOD LUCK! I hope everything goes smoothly, and that you have a great time with your boyfriend. Ann

Old 04-21-2007, 06:41 PM

769 posts, read 2,219,284 times
A co-worker of mine was turned back at the US/Canada border for an 8 year old D.U.I. but he was going by air - don't know about driving across since they aren't requiring a passport to drive across it might not come up, but one never knows.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:03 PM

322 posts, read 1,234,385 times
NO! You will likely NOT get into Canada if you have a DUI. It's considered a felony. We hear and see on a daily basis the hundreds of people who get turned back every week because of a DUI. This is not a definite...depends on the entry/person etc... but again, chances are they will not let you cross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada