Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2007, 09:15 PM

110 posts, read 589,251 times

Advertisements

Let's say Calgary vs. Toronto vs. Montreal. Are they different? Noticeable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 07:06 AM

323 posts, read 1,392,301 times
Friends who moved to Calgary and Toronto, I am in Montreal, noticed a difference. Calgary I've heard doesn't get very hot and humid. Heck, it snowed the other day and we are in May but that must've have been a freak snow fall. Plus those warm spells in Winter from Chinooks. Toronto according to a pal had better Winters. Milder and less snow. I guess you can't escape harsh winter weather unless you are in B.C. I rather have sunny days even if its freezing cold than weeks of rain. Just put on the right clothes.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:27 PM

59 posts, read 155,604 times
Montréal has the worst weather of the 3. The winters are colder and snowier (though it isn't as bad as it used to be) and the summers are muggier.

I thought I heard that Calgary has one of the highest rated climates in Canada. The winters may be cold but you have the Chinooks which give you a break, and it is rather sunny.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:39 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,611,120 times
Vancouver is the mildest by far (climate zone 8 they can grow palm trees!) ....but trade off is a rainy cloudy winter ..though Vancouver summers are a delight.... sunny not too hot ..and all those glorious mtns to hike in ....Calgary is dry (most of the time) ....however ..variable ...opposite of Vancouver ...one day it's warm and nice ..next day you're freezing ...but you don't get the dreaded humidity you get in the east ....and again glorious mtns only 1 hour away ....Toronto and Montreal share a similiar climate ....Montreal is colder in the winter and more humid in the summer ....Toronto is on the lee of Lake Ontario and usually does not get alot of snow ...Montreal gets significantly more snow and alot more mosquitos in summer ....especially near water (St Lawrence or even worse Riviere Des Prairies) ...by Canadian standards all these cities have decent climates ....Vancouver being similiar to Seattle .....Calgary similiar to Great Falls,MT ....Toronto similiar to Detroit or Chicago ...Montreal similiar to Burlington,VT .....

Old 06-02-2007, 09:51 PM

172 posts, read 609,623 times
I agree, I live in the Burbs of Vancouver and my climate zone is 7b....I have two Palms, one is on the verge of death....but it REALLY had no chance here, Mexican Fan Palm, and my Chinese Windmill Palm is doing fantastic! Anyways, climate wise, everything LRUA...but Vancouver summers and early fall are the delight, cause late fall, winter, and MOST of Spring are mainly rainy/cloudy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada