U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 06:53 PM

700 posts, read 979,157 times

Advertisements

Congratulations to Canada and Canadians for being such a great host! I can honestly say that this is the most entertaining and interesting Winter Olympics I've watched.

Gotta love those Canadians! As well as all the athletes from the rest of the world.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 07:41 PM

1,815 posts, read 2,079,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastninja500 View Post
Congratulations to Canada and Canadians for being such a great host! I can honestly say that this is the most entertaining and interesting Winter Olympics I've watched.

Gotta love those Canadians! As well as all the athletes from the rest of the world.

I second that! I grew up as a hockey player/fan and skier, and having been fortunate enough to attend the Salt Lake City Olympics in 2002, my wife, daughter and I sincerely enjoyed every moment from Vancouver. What an incredible collection of Olympic memories from a wonderful country. And today's hockey game was one of the top five games in history IMHO. Congratulations!

Canada - we love you in the US, I spent an awesome month in Calgary years go, and you are our favorite neighbor! God Bless and thank you for an awesome Olympics in Vancouver!

Old 02-28-2010, 08:00 PM

287 posts, read 422,143 times
Ya. I love Canada!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2010, 08:24 PM

10,791 posts, read 7,662,709 times
What a fairytale ending with the Canadians taking the Gold in Men's Hockey, after the Women took the Gold as well. It was wonderful to wake up to that news here in Oz. Watched the end of the game on TV. Brought tears to our eyes here seeing the joy on all the Canadians' faces. Wish we could have been there.

Great job, Canada!

Old 02-28-2010, 11:41 PM

3,647 posts, read 4,739,468 times
Well done Vancouver. I enjoyed watching every minute.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:26 AM

309 posts, read 763,271 times
time for a six pack-eh

Old 03-01-2010, 11:26 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,128,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 401402 View Post
time for a six pack-eh
Or a two-four!

Old 03-01-2010, 02:14 PM

1,049 posts, read 5,826,856 times
It was a fantastic experience here in Vancouver. Truly magical and unforgettable.

I still can't believe that it's over!

I started to blog about my personal experience of living in Vancouver during the Olympics. I mean, there's something to be said about waking up every morning across from LiveCity Yaletown's stage and going to bed across the street from nightly firework! And to be honest, all my time (when I wasn't at work) was spent outdoors exploring the Olympics and festivities. I am so far behind in housework, laundry, and blogging, it's not even funny!

When I start updating my blog with photos, I'll let everyone know (for those who might be interested). Other than that, a job well done to everyone involved!

Old 03-01-2010, 04:22 PM

7,034 posts, read 6,468,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynator View Post
When I start updating my blog with photos, I'll let everyone know (for those who might be interested). Other than that, a job well done to everyone involved!
Most definitely interested, please do let us know. I didn't go downtown at all during the past couple of weeks since I don't get around well in crushing crowds. I watched it all on TV. However, I did venture out to some of the local sight-seeing 'nature' places further out from the city. I met many delightful, happy out-of-town visitors with their families everywhere I went who were thrilled to be seeing the sights and thrilled with the Olympics, all going shutter-bug crazy with their cameras. A real pleasure to meet and talk with them.

Without a doubt, this has been the best, most entertaining Olympic event that I've ever watched. A big congratulations to everyone who made it happen. Truly a triumphant event.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or