U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-22-2010, 08:48 AM

707 posts, read 1,738,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mricu View Post
Grand Beach in Manitoba is a white sand beach in the middle of the prairies that has been ranked on of the top 10 beaches in North America in the past few years.

There is Gimli Beach also in Manitoba which I personally enjoyed when I was in Canda.

I now live in San Diego and I must say that these two beaches are better than some of the beaches we have down here in terms of sand quality and over all experience.
You think the beaches in San Diego were better than what is up in Grand Beach and Gimli?

I thought the beaches in San Diego (Corranado, even Imperial) were pretty good, ecspecially the one by hotel Del.

Grand Beach though has fantastic sand true... But many times you don't get great beach weather in Manitoba unfortunatly.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 10:06 PM

493 posts, read 1,104,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smakawhat View Post
You think the beaches in San Diego were better than what is up in Grand Beach and Gimli?

I thought the beaches in San Diego (Corranado, even Imperial) were pretty good, ecspecially the one by hotel Del.

Grand Beach though has fantastic sand true... But many times you don't get great beach weather in Manitoba unfortunatly.
Some of the beaches in San Diego are indeed much better than those I mentioned in Manitoba, however, there are some (like Ocean Beach) which I would rank lower than both Grand Beach and the beach in Gimli.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:34 PM

9,009 posts, read 11,737,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Actually, it isn't a stretch. On many days in the summer the water can get so warm that it is (almost) not refreshing! It has to do with the gulf stream - I can remember hitting the beaches in Maine and New Hampshire and being amazed that, although further south than Parlee, they are FREEZING!

Also of note in NB are the beaches at Kouchibouquac, Aboiteau near Cap-Pele NB and for surfing (albeit freezing water!!) Lawrencetown Beach in Nova Scotia.
tofino on vancouver island has some ok waves to surf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada