Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 07:59 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
"20 years in Branson" please provide some "credible" evidence to support your stand before you insult any more intelligent people on this site
Hold your breath.

Oh and while you're at it, do a search on similar posts here in the cancer forum. Any lingering doubts about this person's credibility will quickly vanish.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:02 PM

848 posts, read 1,953,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
I only persist because someone might pop on here and in a moment of being extremely unsure of themselves and worried about the unpleasantness of chemo/etc actually be foolish enough to convince themselves that this is anything more than mindless dribblings. In short, it's too important of a topic to let asinine bogus claims go w/o calling them out for what they are.
I didn't think of that - you're right.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:47 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Hold your breath.

Oh and while you're at it, do a search on similar posts here in the cancer forum. Any lingering doubts about this person's credibility will quickly vanish.
I have been in palliative care one way or another for many years. I never second guess anyone's choice....because our life is ours to live.

What I should have added that is that statistics are just that, they can be interpreted many different ways. People are much better informed than they have ever been, and I like anyone else ask lots of questions as I myself had cancer at 37. I went through the chemo and although it definitely wasn't my best experience I am still here.

The point I am making is that statistics may or may not be valuable in determining what kind of treatment a person decides to have. Hope and faith are also huge contributing factors. Those who live on without their loved ones often second guess themselves because they watched their loved one suffer. What is right for one person is not definitely right for the next person or their family. I have seen alot of pain caused by people's so called "friends, family, etc." second guess decisions that were made by loved ones.

I'll just call my point of view humanistic........

Old 07-18-2010, 08:54 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
I have been in palliative care one way or another for many years. I never second guess anyone's choice....because our life is ours to live.

What I should have added that is that statistics are just that, they can be interpreted many different ways. People are much better informed than they have ever been, and I like anyone else ask lots of questions as I myself had cancer at 37. I went through the chemo and although it definitely wasn't my best experience I am still here.

The point I am making is that statistics may or may not be valuable in determining what kind of treatment a person decides to have. Hope and faith are also huge contributing factors. Those who live on without their loved ones often second guess themselves because they watched their loved one suffer. What is right for one person is not definitely right for the next person or their family. I have seen alot of pain caused by people's so called "friends, family, etc." second guess decisions that were made by loved ones.

I'll just call my point of view humanistic........
I'm sure you will agree that it is important for people to make an informed decision based upon more than one narrow point of view. Many people (several on this thread) apparently do not know or believe that there are many credible alternatives to "conventional" treatment. Before a person makes a life-altering decision, they need to know that chemo is not the only answer.

Your rational point of view is very refreshing.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-18-2010, 09:54 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Many deleted posts that most of you cannot see, people argueing back and forth and insulting each other. Thread closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer