Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:42 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post
Try Dr. Brommer's Castile Soap. The stuff is relatively cheap for how much use you get out of it. Soap, shampoo, detergent, you name it!
I love the Peppermint! It's great stuff. It makes my hair feel funny when I shampoo with it, but if you use a vinegar rinse, it is magic!

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-10-2010, 11:43 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,754,982 times
So you using sound bites and 15 year old statics... That is grasping at best. Come with a study that is new than 1995. My God even in the 4 years since my chemo the strides made is amazing.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:03 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
So you using sound bites and 15 year old statics... That is grasping at best. Come with a study that is new than 1995. My God even in the 4 years since my chemo the strides made is amazing.
SD4020 it's obvious to anyone that I could say or do anything...Jesus Christ Himself could prove to you, with no shadow of a doubt that I am right,and you would REFUSE to accept it.

SO all of us are just wasting our time. I hope, that if and when the day comes that you NEED this information to survive, you will suddenly become open-minded enough to accept it.

Best of luck to you. Really.

20yrsiinBranson

Old 12-10-2010, 02:46 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,058 times
Quote:
Try Dr. Brommer's Castile Soap. The stuff is relatively cheap for how much use you get out of it. Soap, shampoo, detergent, you name it!
Dr. Brommer's is an excellent product, I used the peppermint castille liquid soap for shampooing my dogs before I created my doggie shampoo bars (LOL!) I would still be using this product if I didn't make this stuff myself, but I have so much fun creating at the "soap pot", it's actually kind of meditative for me...plus once I started learning about essential oils I just fell in love with creating blends, and it's come in handy for both me and my friends/family...a few of them have anxiety, chronic back pain, etc., and if my blends can help keep chemical medication at bay for them I'll keep supplying them with it !

Old 12-10-2010, 03:00 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,763,721 times
First of all, it's Dr. Bronner's, not Dr. Brommer's. I used to love the stuff when I was in college because it was so cheap to use. The lavender was my favorite.

Next - your quotes are mostly a selected cut/paste from a website dedicated to naturopathy, with a very decisive political agenda against allopathy, chemotherapy, and pharmaceuticals. I believe you're supposed to provide a link when you do that. Your credibility now goes down another notch.

Now for the actual sources of those quotes:
1. John Diamond, MD: promotes his own books and (expensive) lecture series on his website, promotes high colonics to cleanse the colon, and claims that disease is caused by stress. Essentially an obsolete New Age crackpot.
2. Glenn Warner: died in 2000 at age 81. His license was revoked. He was vehemently anti-chemo, limited his own patients' surgeries, and as a result, one of his breast cancer patients died. An autopsy proved that surgery would have eliminated the cancer entirely. Five other patients had similiar situations.
3. Whitaker: self-promoting quack who rejects all psychiatry and is against medicines, but claims vitamins, minerals, and chelation therapy (conveniently available for sale at inflated prices on his website) can cure most diseases.
4. Bailer: He spoke against the American Cancer Society's use of funding in research, and the proportion of donations that actually go into research vs. the amount that is absorbed through "administrative" costs. Nothing he said had anything to do with the treatments of cancer patients.
5. RD Hodgell: he exists, so far as I can tell, only on that website you copy/pasted from. He has no CV, he is not quoted anywhere else, the quote you included has no link to any information about him, none of the medical search engines have this person listed at all. I'm not even sure he's a he.
6. Alan Levin: he claims he worked in covert operations in Viet Nam and that he is convinced that the military invented modern disease. Basically a conspiracy theorist. Listed as an immunologist on several medical search engines, but none of them indicate that he ever actually has any patients.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:09 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,754,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
SD4020 it's obvious to anyone that I could say or do anything...Jesus Christ Himself could prove to you, with no shadow of a doubt that I am right,and you would REFUSE to accept it.

SO all of us are just wasting our time. I hope, that if and when the day comes that you NEED this information to survive, you will suddenly become open-minded enough to accept it.

Best of luck to you. Really.

20yrsiinBranson
That is the most arrogant thing I have ever read. You denied proven science several times. You quoted a site that showed why childhood diseases were a thing of the past and you denied their finding.

And you have the audacity to say you are right? Proven science and you disagree and have delusions you are right. You have not proven a single thing.

The second bold statement is a two way street. Unfortunately you fail to understand that.

I am a skeptic. You have to show me how it work, or even that it works. I don't trust testimony and I don't trust what someones testimony is. Data is important. Not some "doctor" or scary shaman or hack with a website has to say. It is unfortunate you take umbrage to that.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:05 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,498,631 times
I don't take umbrage to it, I confess I'm a bit of a skeptic also, but when science and/or research into past findings is discontinued one has little choice but to wade thru testimonials and anecdotal evidence, or from any other source available, and then decide one way or tuther if there is any merit in what one finds. I wish it were different as constant searching can be rather tiring.

A simple example would be...Who is credited with 'lighting up the world'? I believe old Tommy Edison gets all the credit, when in fact this is not so. He only lit up a lightbulb with DC electricity, and had a devil of a job trying to sort problems out with his creation. One needs to dig a little deeper to find out who actually DID light up the world...using AC, because it's AC that actually 'lit up the world' not DC, something old Tommy never got his head around.

This may be OT, but is a good illustration in one being excused for not having total faith in published material, be it scientific, establishment reviewed, or otherwise. End result...one could be a tad skeptical about a lot of things, and skepticism in something gets tangled up with 'disbelief' in the possibility that something else *may* actually work. With the absence of appropriate or suitable 'data' {which isn't going to be found any time soon} *that* could be considered arrogance.

To borrow a quote - "Truth passes through three phases. First it's ridiculed, then it's violently opposed, and finally it's accepted as being self-evident" end quote. Everyone's searching for the 'truth'. I believe we're in the second phase at the present point in time.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:29 PM

37,094 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Quote:
What would you say about my father's situation.. which could essentially be an example of a LARGE number of people in America.

He is 5'9'' and 250+ lbs. He is obese. He has terrible pain in his hips, has sleep apnea, and has high cholesterol. Instead of relaying to my father how losing 50+ lbs, not eating frozen pizza, drinking beer, and tanking down other crap on the weekends would solve his issues, his doctor prescribed him Lipitor and pain medication and told him to get a sleep study so he could get one of those oxygen masks.. Thanks to the Lipitor (which he is now off of), he has even worse chronic pain in all of his joints and he can't sleep in a bed with my mother because of the pain. He is now beginning to have pain in his kidneys.. and the sleeping with the mask has not helped a bit.

How is this medical approach helping? It's sad that any method involving eating REAL super healthy food and avoiding all of the processed, toxin laded crap is seen as 'alternative'. That incorporating regular exercise and relaxation/meditation is called 'snake oil'. It's disgusting really. You look around and you see all of the overweight, chronically ill people in the US and you can't help but roll your eyes... the current approach to health is broken. If you can't admit that, I don't know how else it could be any more obvious.

and again... could you answer a question I previously posted. What do YOU consider alternative/wizardry/snake oil???? ... because I'm not saying that there aren't people out there who will push their unhelpful agenda. There are people like that in every group ever.
And you are sure his doctor has not advised him to lose weight? If you have not been able to convince him to adopt a healthier diet, what makes you think his doc is going to have more success?

From the people who make Lipitor:

From the Lipitor package insert (emphasis mine.):

PATIENT INFORMATION LIPITOR (atorvastatin calcium) Tablets

Read the Patient Information that comes with LIPITOR before you start taking it and each time you get a refill. There may be new information. This leaflet does not take the place of talking with your doctor about your condition or treatment. If you have any questions about LIPITOR, ask your doctor or pharmacist. What is LIPITOR?LIPITOR is a prescription medicine that lowers cholesterol in your blood. It lowers the LDL-C (“bad” cholesterol) and triglycerides in your blood. It can raise your HDL-C (“good” cholesterol) as well. LIPITOR is for adults and children over 10 whose cholesterol does not come down enough with exercise and a low-fat diet alone

Benefits of LIPITOR ® - LIPITOR.COM

https://www.myheartwise.com/index.aspx

So, I say again, are you sure his doctor did not discuss diet and exercise? Did your dad read the patient information that came with the drug? What is the doctor supposed to do if the patient will not change his diet or exercise? Ignore him? At what point does the patient have to take responsibility for the outcome?

Docs recommend diet changes, weight loss, and exercise all the time. Patients just do not do it. There is nothing "alternative" about nutrition.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 12-10-2010 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: add a thought.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
gerson institute Google it if you must. Here is the link again. I don't know what happened to the last one (but I have my suspicions). LOL

The Gerson Institute - Alternative Cancer Treatment

20yrsinBranson

As best I can tell, anyone willing to pay $2000 can learn how the Gerson stuff works, and for another $1500 you can practice on a few people.

Where does it show any proof that their "treatments" do anything?

Sounds like a scam to me.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Good! Then you need to listen to The Dr. Bob Martin Show who is an MD! He will tell you the truth. (By the way, he does recommend conventional medical care, when it is appropriate).

20yrsinBranson

"Dr." Bob is cagey about his credentials:

HEALTH TALK - Dr. Bob Martin

"Dr. Martin holds a science certification from the University of South Dakota School Of Medicine, as well as being board certified in Anti-Aging Medicine through the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. (A.B.A.A.H.P.) Dr. Martin is double board certified as a Clinical Nutritionist (C.C.N.) through both the International and American Associations of Clinical Nutritionists and as a Diplomate of the American Clinical Board of Nutrition (D.A.C.B.N). Additionally, Dr. Martin is a board certified Chiropractic Physician and Physiotherapist in the states of Arizona, Colorado and Kentucky. He is certified in Applied Kinesiology and has training in the fields of medicine, acupuncture, herbology, sports medicine, and exercise physiology."

What is a "science certification"? It appears he is a chiropractor.

He also creates and sells supplements.

Another scam, it appears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer