Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:41 PM

12 posts, read 54,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Some, but not all, women who have the embolization procedure develop early ovarian failure afterwards. It may be that there is interference with blood flow to the ovaries.
You're right, and I'm hoping that's not the case with me, but if it is, I'll deal with it. It's still better than the alternatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 07:43 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times
They will try to push a hysterectomy at you, but the embolization is an excellent procedure. I am so glad I didn't listen to all of the closed minded people. People think if you are done having babies, you don't need that organ. My thought was I am going to try to keep as many body parts as I can. For me, if I had had the hysterectomy, it would have been done the old fashion way vs. laparscopic because of the size of my fibroid. I couldn't have been out of work for the recovery period. I was only out of work a few days with the embolization.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:44 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
That's not good news. I have a baseball size fibroid and I am a little bothered by it. I do not want to go into early menopause.
You may not go into early menopause, not everyone does. It's only a chance and it just so happened that that is what happened to me.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
They will try to push a hysterectomy at you, but the embolization is an excellent procedure. I am so glad I didn't listen to all of the closed minded people. People think if you are done having babies, you don't need that organ. My thought was I am going to try to keep as many body parts as I can. For me, if I had had the hysterectomy, it would have been done the old fashion way vs. laparscopic because of the size of my fibroid. I couldn't have been out of work for the recovery period. I was only out of work a few days with the embolization.
Exactly!

Thank you so much for commenting - I have all the same concerns - and I hope to be where you are in a few months.

And just to be completely open I wasn't done having children. I put it off when I was younger, and now there isn't a man in my life, but I still planned to do it. Now that choice has most likely been taken away from me.

I've about come to terms with the fact that I will most likely never have children - but if anyone reading this is putting off having babies because the timing doesn't seem quite right, makes sure you really think about it. Sometimes things like this happen, and our choices get taken away. I never expected this to happen to me - but it did. Life isn't always as we planned...

Old 05-06-2011, 07:52 PM

So anyone know of any other tests to rule out cancer? If the test failed, and they didn't collect enough material again this time, I'd really love to know there's another way to rule out cancer...

I really want to keep my June appointment for the Embolization!

Old 05-06-2011, 08:28 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,713 times
I never had a test to rule out cancer and I been to 3 GYN's and they see my fibroid and just ask if I am having pain. Not one wanted to test for cancer.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:21 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatAreMyOptions? View Post
So anyone know of any other tests to rule out cancer? If the test failed, and they didn't collect enough material again this time, I'd really love to know there's another way to rule out cancer...

I really want to keep my June appointment for the Embolization!
Actually, if you had a cancer of the uterine lining, I think your gynecologist would have found it the first time she looked.

The lack of tissue is actually a good sign; as endometrial cancer usually causes an overgrowth of tissue.

One option would be to see if the uterine lining could be seen with MRI. Have you had one?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
One option would be to see if the uterine lining could be seen with MRI. Have you had one?
I have not. Thanks you! That's exactly the kind of suggestion I was hoping for!

Old 05-06-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I never had a test to rule out cancer and I been to 3 GYN's and they see my fibroid and just ask if I am having pain. Not one wanted to test for cancer.
I guess it just goes to show how different these things are treated by different doctors. I can't move forward with the emboliztion until they officially rule out cancer, and you have three doctors and none of them are even testing you for it? It's just crazy how different it can be in different areas!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:19 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatAreMyOptions? View Post
I guess it just goes to show how different these things are treated by different doctors. I can't move forward with the emboliztion until they officially rule out cancer, and you have three doctors and none of them are even testing you for it? It's just crazy how different it can be in different areas!

Could due to the size of yours perhaps? Mine has actually started to shrink, but not by much. I feel bloated a lot and stuck at home for 2 days when my period starts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer