Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 09:33 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpearl View Post
Sorry about your friend that she's going through all this stuff! May she get well soon. as a colleague you should give her visits off and on or atleast once in a week, or give her a call if you cant snatch time to make a visit, she'd definitely be happy. also you can give away some home cooked meal that help her to recover the side effects of chemo and her energy. fruits, juices and healthy but light meals would be best.
Since the OP was almost 2 years ago, I am sure she has figured it out. Also most USA hospitals do not allow home-cooked food for critically ill patients.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 10:56 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times
Just to update this thread, she died at the end of November in 2011. That was a very difficult phone call to take; I spoke to her brother a couple of days before she passed, and I cried when he told me that she was unresponsive and in a coma. She left behind two teenaged children. I still think of her from time to time; I wonder if she got the best possible treatment, etc. So sad.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
I've seen it go both ways. Unfortunately, most of the time the outcome is not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer