Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 09:29 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I bought the book, and I'm not a sucker, and am hugely offended by your comment, b/c my uncle went broke purchasing the drug for my cousin...he is alive today due to that drug...and the doctors were all amazed, b/c the tumor was so big...so, believe as you like, but I ask you not to dismiss my feelings...I was personally involved and you have no idea of the pain our entire family went thru, that I went thru when we thought our youngest cousin was going to die. They gave him up to 3 - 6 months to live. I believe in Krebiozen and know there have been cures for many different kinds of cancers for years...so I would rather you not call me insulting names for my belief and the life of my cousin, his cure was miraculous and even the doctors stated, that they couldn't understand, how a tumor that large could just dissappear....he was then 9 years old, and now 55 and has been cancer free. I think your very cruel people...Here I was, so happy that the story FINALLY came out and the book was finally advertised on the internet, along with Dr. Ivy's struggle...and I believe, no matter what names you would like to call me, I stand with head held high in belief...maybe, just maybe you guys are the suckers...did you ever think of that? To publically post what you've posted is dispicable and very cruel....you could have just ignored the thread, but instead, it was so important to you to come in and make those mean remarks...I can't help but wonder why so many people in this world are so angry in this world today, to make such cruel remarks. I guess it's easy to be a bully when your sitting on the other side of the screen playing "Anonymous"
To publicly post nonsense that has been PROVEN to be nonsense and give people false hope regarding quack "cures" is despicable and cruel....

Old 06-21-2011, 10:30 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
To publicly post nonsense that has been PROVEN to be nonsense and give people false hope regarding quack "cures" is despicable and cruel....
It is not nonsense....it cured my cousin...period!

Old 06-21-2011, 10:40 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
It is not nonsense....it cured my cousin...period!
I'm confused, weren't they also given radiation treatments?
How would you differentiate between the effects of multiple treatments?

Old 06-21-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm confused, weren't they also given radiation treatments?
How would you differentiate between the effects of multiple treatments?
because he started to improve immidiately after the first shot...and there was constant improvement, so much so, they stopped the radiation treatments and continued with the drug. Doctors associated with cancer patients, who took the drug were amazed at the improvements...I'm not saying it would work for everyone, I don't know that, no one does, however, it gave my cousin life, and my point is, there have been cancer drugs out there for years, which have cured people, but doctors won't acknowledge them. They can't...

In the end the truth will come out....thank goodness for technology and an easier means to communicate...but if Abbot and Lilly were after it, that speaks volumns....

Old 06-21-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
because he started to improve immidiately after the first shot...and there was constant improvement, so much so, they stopped the radiation treatments and continued with the drug. Doctors associated with cancer patients, who took the drug were amazed at the improvements...I'm not saying it would work for everyone, I don't know that, no one does, however, it gave my cousin life, and my point is, there have been cancer drugs out there for years, which have cured people, but doctors won't acknowledge them. They can't...

In the end the truth will come out....thank goodness for technology and an easier means to communicate...but if Abbot and Lilly were after it, that speaks volumns....
Unfortunately there are prominent examples of research fraud in the medical and scientific community so we are each left to arrive at our own decisions with regards to our medical care.

I'm not going to take one side or another. In pretty much every case, the party that was "caught" claims they are being targeted by "Big pharma", "big oil" or government conspiracy so frankly I cannot take anyones word at face value on things like this.

Just off the top of my head we have the brit sociologist that faked his twins studies, the korean cloning guru and of course the autism\vaccine guy that turns out to be in the employ of trial lawyers seeking to make big money from big pharma.

Not to mention the Extenz guy....

So, I am left to solely trust first sources.

P.S. When my wife was sick with cancer we got mailings weekly for all kinds of healing crystal retreats and vitamin treatments. Some were definitely scams, others I cannot judge. The one vitamin company definitely tried to defraud us with bogus credit card charges. I'm just saying we have to be skeptical in more than one direction.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Mathguy
P.S. When my wife was sick with cancer we got mailings weekly for all kinds of healing crystal retreats and vitamin treatments. Some were definitely scams, others I cannot judge. The one vitamin company definitely tried to defraud us with bogus credit card charges. I'm just saying we have to be skeptical in more than one direction.
I totally understand your judgement and cannot deny, I'd feel the very same way if it hadn't happened to me first hand...I remember being so angry upon hearing the story, and my dad being even angrier...he would loose it, as he was a staunch repub...(I'm smiling) he was a man of few words, however, when he spoke, EF Hutton listened...LOL..
Thank you for discussing this respectfully....

I ordered the book, which was printed in 1964, I think it will make for interesting reading, and I'll try being objective...

Creme

Old 06-21-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I totally understand your judgement and cannot deny, I'd feel the very same way if it hadn't happened to me first hand...I remember being so angry upon hearing the story, and my dad being even angrier...he would loose it, as he was a staunch repub...(I'm smiling) he was a man of few words, however, when he spoke, EF Hutton listened...LOL..
Thank you for discussing this respectfully....

I ordered the book, which was printed in 1964, I think it will make for interesting reading, and I'll try being objective...

Creme
A thing we should all be very very careful in noting is just how drugs are deemed "effective".

Imagine a drug that 10% of the time cured cancer and 90% of the time killed you. People do not all have the same physiology and one persons peanut butter sandwich is tasty and to another it's a death sentence.

It's not impossible that a drug MIGHT have cured someone while overall it's a pretty crappy treatment that doesn't work well enough to receive licensing.

I think that we should not forget that we have a large and power advocacy group in the non-profit american cancer society that directs a lot of funding and has it's own scientists etc. to watchdog both the government as well as the various researchers out there. I tend to give them a very very strong benefit of the doubt. Cancer survival rates have been improving for years it's hard to argue with results.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:19 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Cured or placebo?

If these "cures" you tout were so good, they should stand the test of the laboratories, peer reviewed papers, clinical trials and FDA approval. The bad news they didn't. If reality offends you, sorry.

The results cannot be repeated or are wide spread then something doesn't work. Kinda like cold fusion in a pop bottle eh?

Old 06-21-2011, 02:50 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Bad example. EVERYONE KNOWS that you can achieve cold fusion in a pop bottle. It's just, they can't test it without opening the bottle, and when you open it, air gets in, and the fusion leaks out, so you can't measure it in the bottle anymore. It's a known fact; I saw it on the intrawebz! AL GORE WOULDN'T LIE!

Old 06-21-2011, 06:09 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
Reading these threads brings to mind a topic that was very much in the news years back, the first well-known alternative cancer treatment that many people pinned their hopes on

The Rise and Fall of Laetrile

BTW clinicaltrials.gov still lists ongoing trials for Dr. Burzynski's brain cancer treatment, so they're not completely shutting him out. He did many trials for them over the years, although he often didn't follow correct recordkeeping procedures
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer