U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 08:33 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,295,453 times

Advertisements

Today makes 1 month that he is gone. I am looking back at the pictures of Lake George from August of last year. A month before he was diagnosed. He was really fine and seemed like nothing was wrong. Today is also my grandmas birthday. My dad is in heaven now with his mom. My grandma died last March and my father died 2 weeks after his birthday in April. He had lung surgery on his birthday =( =(. R.I.P Dad and grandma <3

Old 05-18-2012, 08:37 AM

915 posts, read 887,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Today makes 1 month that he is gone. I am looking back at the pictures of Lake George from August of last year. A month before he was diagnosed. He was really fine and seemed like nothing was wrong. Today is also my grandmas birthday. My dad is in heaven now with his mom. My grandma died last March and my father died 2 weeks after his birthday in April. He had lung surgery on his birthday =( =(. R.I.P Dad and grandma <3
Hi Tony, good morning. I have great sympathy for you; I lost both of my parents fairly recently, first my dad (from lymphoma and heart disesase) and then my mother (from a broken heart, I think). They grew up together in Guthrie, Oklahoma -- high school sweethearts. Dad volunteered for what was then called the Army/Airforce and served a bombadier in WWII.

You have my sympathies; it's not easy losing your parents. I still miss mine terribly.

<<hugs>>

Old 05-18-2012, 09:12 AM

25,437 posts, read 31,935,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
His supervisor called the house before to tell me that in June, he will receive an award.
Oh, Tony, that's wonderful. It will be bittersweet as you listen to everyone talk about your dad and how well he did his job, etc. It makes the loss a teensy bit easier to take when you hear about what an impact your dad had on the people around him in the time he had. Sounds like he made the most of it.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:26 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,295,453 times
Today is really hard for my mom because it is their anniversary. It would have been their 28th year anniversary today if my dad was still around. R.I.P Dad <3

Old 05-27-2012, 12:32 PM

16,426 posts, read 30,850,457 times
We now have a Grieg forum. Any more posts should go there.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer