Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times

Advertisements

Dave I agree that it's important to keep a good thought. What is amazing to me, and something I learned after I was diagnosed with colon cancer, is how rewarding and satisfying the smallest things can be; watching your plants flourish, (Mine are three grapefruit trees I managed to grow from seed, which will probably never bear fruit but like me, are growing despite their strange environment) cooking a simple meal, (I always thought it had to be an elaborate, multi-course meal or it didn't count) and just sitting on the porch with my morning coffee and listening to the birds. ( I used to cuss those suckers for waking me up too early!)

Whatever happens next, you have triumphed in Spirit. I hope you have a long time to ponder how important that is, since not everyone gets there. Blessings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 02:54 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Well as a survivor of testicular cancer I understand. I had a necrotic tumor in my groin that was painful. It went away with chemo.

A sense of humor and a determination to never give up are two of the greatest coping mechanisms for cancer treatment IMO.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:55 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
davidals, thank you for posting here and sharing your story. So inspiring! Yes, cancer does change our perspective a bit, doesn't it? I was thrilled to recently wait in line at WalMart, to pick up Christmas gifts. A year ago that would have been frustrating, but this year, the joy of standing for so long with no fatigue, and the happiness in knowing I could chose gifts for family, and feel well enough to see them at Christmas...it was a great feeling, a great moment.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:10 PM

915 posts, read 2,128,170 times
Happy New Year, everyone!!! The Glucosomin must be kicking in because my joints are less painful the last 24 hours or so.

Can anyone recommend a good brand of this stuff? I have no clue what might be best.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:17 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Well boys and girls, here's that moment that we all hope to avoid. I have another lump. I'm seeing the oncologist in twelve days (not that I'm counting you understand) and hopefully he'll tell me that it's nothing.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
Charley, I'm hoping and praying it is nothing. A very boring, benign cyst. A crazy upside-down ingrown hair. An alien fetus. Anything but a recurrence or new primary! Ugh, and having to wait 12 days...do you think they will be able to tell that day, or will you have to wait for tests to get scheduled, etc.?

Old 01-10-2013, 04:35 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Sorry to hear that, praying it's a boil or something innocuous.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:18 AM

Thanks so much. A very boring, benign cyst, a boil, a crazy upside-down ingrown hair ... all acceptable. An alien fetus? Aside from the explaining, I'd have to do, no thanks. I LOVE your sense of humor! That still have to be the most important attribute of getting through life in general, and specifically is getting through the adventure of cancer.

I'm not sure what will happen when he feels this thing. It could be that he knows right away that it's something that isn't a problem, or has to start a round of tests. I know whatever it is doesn't belong there, at least not in the size that it is. If it's a swollen lymph node, then I have to wonder what that means here in Lymphoma world.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:59 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
There are 5 million completely benign reasons that a lymph node would swell. Post lymphoma, it's a little cruel joke that our lymph nodes in all of their scarred glory tend to swell up much easier than normal. I hope it's a boring cyst, a less boring alien fetus, or a swollen lymph node from a cut you didn't notice or your immune system doing it's job and killing the crap out of the flu that's going around.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
There are 5 million completely benign reasons that a lymph node would swell. Post lymphoma, it's a little cruel joke that our lymph nodes in all of their scarred glory tend to swell up much easier than normal. I hope it's a boring cyst, a less boring alien fetus, or a swollen lymph node from a cut you didn't notice or your immune system doing it's job and killing the crap out of the flu that's going around.
Thanks so much. (Boy that alien fetus sure does get around doesn't it )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer