Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 01:54 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I'm glad everything went well!
A positive attitude is helpful, but rolling with the punches works better I think!

As for punches, I got sucker punched. Not sure what is going on in my lungs. We did a CT, could be cancer, could be infection. It's called "glass opacity." With the extreme jump in my TM it's easy to assume mets. For now I'm on Levaquin (an antibiotic) and Prednisone. Oh how I hate steroids. I slept maybe an hour total last night. Bleh. I'll probably end up getting a biopsy. Still not sure what my next treatment will be, I'll find out soon enough. Just gotta roll with it.
Your right, rolling with the punches. I just try to be positive when talking with em but yeah never know what can come up. Right now everything is good except for the pain he's having..but managed to walk the "the
loop" on his first day out of surgery and I can tell by his voice he is overall attitude is well. I never got to see him as a snowstorm blew through here and it's my job to take handle that stuff..but will see him tomorrow for
sure, as the snow is done and back to a normal schedule. I'll be going with my sis to see em him for the first time since the surgery..
He's not sleeping well, and hasn't a good nights sleep since being diagnosed. He told me it was the best nights sleep when he was under anesthesia for the surgery.
But did not sleep well last night..

Looking forward to seeing my father tomorrow and wish everyone here well!

So far so good, and that's all i can ask for. Peace!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 06:26 PM

The visit after work today was an eye opener for sure.

First off the folks at Lahey Clinic are wonderful. I was amazed of the level of care and his room. It's a new renovation there and provides a couch for one to stay overnight and overall impressed with everything. His companion stays with em 24/7 and he's lucky in that regard as i saw many with no family etc..

Seeing my father like that was a different story, it was difficult to say the least even though his recovery is gong well.

They went in through his stomach with like a Y incision..and he wasn't in the best of spirits when i got there. I guess he had been waiting most of the day for the dressing to be changed and of course when i got there the doc's showed up to change
it..so my sis and i waited outside while they did it.

After that was done he was in better spirits and has been walking since the day after the surgery. He's not a man who likes
to lay in bed and the Doc's say walking is really good for em. He won't have a problem with that for sure..

I can say that it's a true blessing to having access to some of the best healthcare facilities in the world. Something that
can be easily taken for granted. I certainly don't..Especially after seeing my dad..

Peace folks and wish any and all a speedy recovery..

Old 02-07-2014, 08:40 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,045 times
All in all a good update on your Dad!

Had a bronchoscopy today. I feel assaulted! He found a couple polyps in my throat he removed and removed several samples from my right lungs. I'll find out next week just what is going on.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:11 PM

Hope everything goes well for you chele123..

He was released yesterday and then got a follow up phone call from the doc. I didn't know he was waiting for a pathology report...his doctor told him he was cancer free, 100 percent. He called me last night in tears, as i was too.. Be well all, as best you can!

Old 02-11-2014, 05:34 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
his doctor told him he was cancer free, 100 percent.
That's great news! Glad to hear it.

Old 02-12-2014, 05:57 PM

That is great news brienzi!!!

I have great news too!! I do not have cancer in my lungs!! It is "Doxil Toxicity", an inflammatory response to my previous chemo. With continued Prednisone treatment and time my lungs will recover!

I still have uncontrolled cancer in my bones and liver, but knowing I will breathe again fills me with renewed hope. Maybe my new chemo will knock my cancer back

Old 02-14-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
That is great news brienzi!!!

I have great news too!! I do not have cancer in my lungs!! It is "Doxil Toxicity", an inflammatory response to my previous chemo. With continued Prednisone treatment and time my lungs will recover!

I still have uncontrolled cancer in my bones and liver, but knowing I will breathe again fills me with renewed hope. Maybe my new chemo will knock my cancer back
That's wonderful news!! And yes, the new chemo will kick cancer's butt! Pulling for you chele123 and wish you the best!

You sound very positive, and i firmly believe that being positive through the most difficult of times can improve
anyone's situation. I can't explain it but I've seen it.

Wishing u well!

And thank you..

Old 02-14-2014, 03:20 PM

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2014, 03:05 PM

Hope your doing well chele123.. Let us know what's going on as you find plenty of support here..my best to you.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:15 PM

Hey! Thanks for asking brienzi! I'm doing OK. My oungs have gone bad again, still waiting for more details on the CT I did Wednesday. Seems I may have Interstitial Lung Disease due to the scarring from the Doxil Toxicity. My Oncologist is worried it really could be mets this time. At this point I'd be better off with cancer in my lungs. Interstitial Lung Diseae (ILD) has no treatment. It is a progressive disease with a life expectancy of 3 -5 years. At least my cancer can be treated! If we can just find another chemo that works. My tumor marker went up again, but only by 98 points - which is a lot - but by comparison, at least it didn't double again. I'll know in a couple weeks I'll know if we are looking for another chemo. I'm currently on 30mgs of Prednisone, which I hate, gut weaning off is not an option. I definately have a big ol moon face from it! LOL!

I've been riding my horse a lot. I'm hoping to show him again this summer. We are adding Hunter Under Saddle and Hunter Equitatiin to our usual speed events and Ranch Horse classes.

I have a whitewater rafting and zipplining trip planned for the first weekend of June! I'm working on getting in shape for that. I have to ease along due to my lungs sp I take my time but keep moving.

I'm really impatient to get started gardening! I've built some vertical strawberry beds out of pallets and a cold frame out of reclaimed glass block. I bought seed potatoes to plant this weekend.

So, that's about it for the update!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer