Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 01:38 PM

32 posts, read 117,761 times

Advertisements

I googled about this and it seems there are in fact a relation to liver disease and itchy rash, i ask coz i have this rash and i believe i have tumor in my liver. has anyone had the same rash due to liver disease? what did you use to make the rash go away. I am presently taking diphenhydramine for the itch and using silver gel for the rash. it is working, i guess but not as fast as i want. i am just bummed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 01:45 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
So you automatically assume becuase the rash isn't clearing up that it is liver cancer? If you have concerns schedule an appointment with a doctor. We can't make diagnosis', first because we are not physicians, and there is not enough information given.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:30 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
What is it that makes you think you have a tumor on your liver? I had a big-a$$ tumor in my colon and didn't know it. Even had a colonoscopy that didn't show anything. I really wish we had a see-thru panel in the abdomen. Until then, you need to see the doctor and he/she will do some tests that will determine if your supposition is correct.

As far as getting rid of the rash, if you do have a tumor on your liver, and the rash is indeed a result of that, save your money and see the doctor.

No one is making light of your fears, but you really do need to get a qualified medical diagnosis. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:30 PM

i had an unbearable pain decades ago on my right side. i felt a pellet size or smaller thing on the pain site. i immediately went to the doctor coz my mom was just diagnosed with cancer then. i even went to the same doctor that diagnosed my mom. was shocked with what she told me. and i will never forget what she said. wait for it to grow then come back. LOL what an advice.

anyway decades later that pellet size thing has now grown. i guess i should go back to that good for nothing doctor and say - hey good advice. it has grown!!! ugh.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:03 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverworks View Post
i had an unbearable pain decades ago on my right side. i felt a pellet size or smaller thing on the pain site. i immediately went to the doctor coz my mom was just diagnosed with cancer then. i even went to the same doctor that diagnosed my mom. was shocked with what she told me. and i will never forget what she said. wait for it to grow then come back. LOL what an advice.

anyway decades later that pellet size thing has now grown. i guess i should go back to that good for nothing doctor and say - hey good advice. it has grown!!! ugh.
And you waited decades to see if it would grow? You do know that the body you are talking about is yours, right? The responsibility for your health is not the doctor's. It's yours. I don't mean to sound harsh, but what were you thinking?

No, you shouldn't go back to that doctor. You obviously don't have faith in that doctor so why would you go back? But you should get an appointment with a doctor ASAP.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:13 PM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
If you had anything growing for decades, it ain't cancer. I had one of the slowest growing cancers out there, and it took only 4 years to get to Stage IV from when I first saw symptoms. Itchy skin is also a symptom of lymphoma (was my first symptom). Or allergies. Or stress. Or psoriasis. Or, yes, liver disease (but that does not necessarily mean cancer).

You need to go to a doctor.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:43 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
do not try to self-diagnose, esp regarding cancer!! you just don't have the tools. In our case, DH has stage IV rectal cancer which metastesized all through his liver - only reason he even thought something was wrong and went to his dr was because he was having progessive indigestion like trouble that the dr thought was likely an ulcer - but sent him to a GI for testing. that's a common symptom when your liver is involved.

There are so many things that can cause a rash, don't just automatically think 'cancer'! go get checked out and have it treated. now.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:44 PM

curious that you said lyphoma accdg to this:

What Is Lymphoma? Lymphoma Symptoms, Causes and Treatments

Lymphoma usually first presents with swelling in the neck, underarm, or groin - those 3 locations are exactly where the rashes are. but the 'tumor' growth is in kidney area.

other than the rash which is scaring me, i feel fine.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:39 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverworks View Post
curious that you said lyphoma accdg to this:

What Is Lymphoma? Lymphoma Symptoms, Causes and Treatments

Lymphoma usually first presents with swelling in the neck, underarm, or groin - those 3 locations are exactly where the rashes are. but the 'tumor' growth is in kidney area.

other than the rash which is scaring me, i feel fine.
Are you going to believe a website or someone who actually had it?

My only symptoms were itching, and eventually lower back pain. It wasn't until I had tumors riddling my entire body from my collar bone to my shins (and actually IN my shin bones and spine) that a lump formed in my armpit. I had symptoms for 4 years before that with absolutely no lumps.

Again, go to a doctor. You don't have liver cancer, but you probably need to be on some Zyrtec.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:55 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
My only symptoms were itching, and eventually lower back pain. It wasn't until I had tumors riddling my entire body from my collar bone to my shins (and actually IN my shin bones and spine) that a lump formed in my armpit. I had symptoms for 4 years before that with absolutely no lumps.
And I had NO symptoms. I did have a swollen testicle that we thought was swelling from hernia surgery. We were wrong.

Forget the websites. Forget self-diagnosis. Forget asking friends, family or strangers on City-Data. Go see a doctor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer