Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 03:00 PM

915 posts, read 2,129,367 times

Advertisements

The doctor's office just called and scheduled the CT scan after the last chemo, and the consult with the surgeon after that. I'm scared. I really am.

I'm starting to feel like I'm not competent to handle my own affairs and that it's pointless to make plans for the future. I'm so afraid that the cancer will not be gone. I guess everyone feels that way.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvintar View Post
The doctor's office just called and scheduled the CT scan after the last chemo, and the consult with the surgeon after that. I'm scared. I really am.

I'm starting to feel like I'm not competent to handle my own affairs and that it's pointless to make plans for the future. I'm so afraid that the cancer will not be gone. I guess everyone feels that way.
don't you have someone that can help you, a little, at least. Maybe be with you when you get the results? That being said, always, after chemo or radiation a repeat CT or MRI is done. Hubby finished his radiation on one cancer in late April and will have a repeat MRI next week. After that he starts his radiation for his protate cancer. We are not at all concerned. Yes, we know the MRI could show there is still some cancer in his tubby, but we also know the test is just routine.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:13 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
I was diagnosed with stage 4 non-hodgkins lymphoma in 2005. I had six chemo treatments to the site of the tumor and six chemo treatments in my spinal cord. I continue to be monitored with a CT scan and blood work every six months, even though there has been no change.

Rather than live with an ax over our heads, we live life to the fullest. We travel, just bought a top of the line RV,and make plans for the future. Last year we were in an auto accident that totalled the car. Thankfully we survived with a few broken bones. You could get killed walking down the street, but will you avoid walking down the street out of fear the rest of your life? We live by the words, "everyday is a gift." You might try it.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 PM

915 posts, read 2,129,367 times
I'm glad that you're doing well; your illness was much more serious than mine. However, a flippant "you should try it" is easier to say if there is a "we" in place. I don't have a "we." You can't know how I feel.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:30 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvintar View Post
I'm glad that you're doing well; your illness was much more serious than mine. However, a flippant "you should try it" is easier to say if there is a "we" in place. I don't have a "we." You can't know how I feel.
I don't feel anyone was being flippant. I do think you're coming across as super sensitive. Sometimes it may be better to type certain post,to get them out of your system but don't click submit.
It is not the fault of others that you have no "we" in your life and others are trying to be caring and helpful by responding. If you feel people can't respond in an impartial way because they can't know how you feel, then perhaps not posting and expecting a response is in order.
Hope all goes well for you.
Peace and Tranquility to you...........

Old 06-08-2012, 02:36 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
I am sorry you feel I don't know how you feel because I have a spouse. I do know that BOTH of us were devastated, scared, and cried quite frequently for the first few months. So instead of one person being scared, we had two. I was not being flippant, but sincerely suggest you might join a cancer group where you can have others around you who understand your suffering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer