Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 12:15 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Last month, I had an ultrasound which resulted in them detecting abnormal thickening of the uterine lining. I haven't had any menstrual periods since last March (2012), but this past February I started to have spotting off and on at weekly or two week intervals. They'd last only a day or half a day. That's why I was sent for the ultrasound. This past Monday, the gynecologist catheterized my uterus (in the office) - it REALLY hurt - and sent the blood and tissue to the hospital for a biopsy. She's really concerned about the thickened tissue and bleeding. I had a little spotting for the rest of the day, then it stopped over Tuesday and Wednesday. Yesterday, though. I started to pass a lot of blood and had a lot of cramping. I don't know if this is normal after the catheterization, but I see the doctor this morning for the tests results.
and, how are you doing and feeling now? I am so sorry to hear you are having health problems...Hope everything is ok and it is just minor female problems. I can imagine how the Cath must have hurt. I wonder why they didn't do it under day surgery or maybe I don't want to ask!!!!??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 10:33 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Last month, I had an ultrasound which resulted in them detecting abnormal thickening of the uterine lining. I haven't had any menstrual periods since last March (2012), but this past February I started to have spotting off and on at weekly or two week intervals. They'd last only a day or half a day. That's why I was sent for the ultrasound. This past Monday, the gynecologist catheterized my uterus (in the office) - it REALLY hurt - and sent the blood and tissue to the hospital for a biopsy. She's really concerned about the thickened tissue and bleeding. I had a little spotting for the rest of the day, then it stopped over Tuesday and Wednesday. Yesterday, though. I started to pass a lot of blood and had a lot of cramping. I don't know if this is normal after the catheterization, but I see the doctor this morning for the tests results.
What you had is called an endometrial biopsy. It is very normal for those to be done in the doctors office. I have had 3 or 4 of them. I had a little spotting but nothing dramatic. Have you called your doctor about it?

Old 04-17-2013, 02:08 AM

9 posts, read 24,584 times
I did not receive any kind of surgery because of another underlying disease. The Doctor prescribed antibiotics the day I was diagnosed, it was procedure for my surgery. He didn't want to take any chances that I might have any type of infection. Like a good patient I took my first dose of medication, a few hours later I was fighting for my life. I had severe seizures. Since then I had a permanent pressure in my brain. I live with it daily, and I am seeing a Doctor again, however the prognosis does not sound good at all. Meaning that surgery will not just be risky, it can be deadly for me. I have two small children and if I die now in surgery they will be lost. I rather take the years given to me. To those of you who did get treatment and are still getting treatment. I am proud of you! To those of you who just got diagnosed and are scared. Don't be!!! My case is one in a million. Ask questions, do research! The more you know about your disease the better. I also recommend that you keep a log, daily pain levels, urination frequency and anything that can help your Doctor treat you better. Do not feel guilty if you sit in front of the Doctor and you need clarification on something. It is his/her job and he/she get's paid to do it! Hope this clarify better why I chose to refuse treatment. Good luck to all of you!!!

Old 04-18-2013, 07:30 PM

OP what is it exactly that makes it so dangerous for you about having a hysterectomy? Is it taking antibiotics before or after or associated with being put under?

Old 04-20-2013, 12:22 AM

It is not just the antibiotics that can cause my death during or after, but also the pressure build up inside my brain. I first have to get the pressure relieved inside my brain. I do not know precisely how that is going to work, except that they first will have to do scans. With the hysterectomy, if I go under, I can die due to lack of oxygen to the brain, or bleeding. And the fact that I can not take any antibiotics to prevent infection makes it very risky. Next week I am going to my Doctor for tests. I will let you know what he says. I try to be positive but it is not easy and the symptoms I am having seems to get worse on a daily basis. Hope this explains it better? I find it a bit difficult to explain in English, seeing that it's not my first language. Blessed day to all!

Old 04-21-2013, 10:22 PM

I would think that they could give you a spinal and do the hysterectomy so they do not have to knock you out.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:14 AM

Thank you for the advice, I will talk to my Doctor about it! Now I just wonder why my Doctor did not think of it?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:27 AM

To those of you who have operations, waiting for tests, or just going through chemo and antibiotics! Good Luck! I will have each of you in my Prayers!!! And remember if you worry about something, do not hesitate to ask your Doctor, even if it seems to you as though it is not important!!! It is important, YOU are now very important! Blessed day to all!

Old 05-02-2013, 06:01 PM

Well went to the Doctor. He prescribed another set of antibiotics, which did not seem to work at all. So following the advise of my family, I went to see another Doctor, who stopped my medication intake immediately. It seems that the inter cranial pressure as he calls it, shows something a bit more sinister than just a toxic reaction to antibiotics. I now have a new appointment to have a CT Brain Scan. The Doctor has a suspicion that the pressure was increased and triggered by the medication, but caused by a type of tumor or lesion. Now I am not just scared, I am terrified! This was not what I was expecting to hear! I actually believed in my mind that maybe, just maybe it might just be something simple that can be cured, but now this places me in a total new ball field, and it seems I might be loosing! I am terrified!!! But all I can do is pray that it is something else and not a brain tumor! How can I have two cancers at the same time? Isn't this impossible? Does anyone know? Can it be that the Doctor is wrong?

Old 05-02-2013, 06:12 PM

I feel as though I am moving in circles with these Doctors!!!! Why does nothing they say make sense? Why did they not do the Scan since the beginning? I cannot understand this! The Doctor said I must go for a Scan and then he gave me antibiotics that are totally different and useless from the first batch given to me. Why did he. Not send me for a Scan immediately like this new Doctor? Seriously I am getting confused with what they are telling me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer