Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 06:32 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,874,299 times

Advertisements

Got this wrist band in honor of my dad from my Aunt. I don't know if you can see the letters in the front of the band. It says Research + Hope = Cure.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Got this wrist band in honor of my dad from my Aunt. I don't know if you can see the letters in the front of the band. It says Research + Hope = Cure.
Tony,

thanks for sharing this with us..

Nita

Old 10-21-2012, 06:07 PM

400 posts, read 738,198 times
There was a Pancreatic Cancer Action Network walk in my area last Sunday. I would have gone, but I was spending my mom's last day of life with her.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:26 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Tony; your bracelet is associated with Cure PC.org

I was on Stand up to cancer today; they're doing research for my dads cancer. I didn't have time to look into the PC Cutting the Fuel Supply: A New Approach to the Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer. Not sure I'll have time till Tuesday.

Here are the leaders; progress can be found on the right direct link Funding: $18 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepea View Post
There was a Pancreatic Cancer Action Network walk in my area last Sunday. I would have gone, but I was spending my mom's last day of life with her.
I'm so sorry. </3

Old 10-21-2012, 08:20 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
sweepea,

I just got back in town; I am sorry and my prayers are with you and your family. Yes, early detection is the secret to all cancers...Unfortunately pancratic cancer is not detected early enough and even though we all see, on this thread many stories of it plus we all have friends that have died from it, the truth is, it isn't a very common cancer, so it doesn't get the attention or funding needed. Hopefully, this will change. I think you and your brother are doing the right thing and I am sure your mom would be very proud of you.

Nita

I knew someone who "supposedly" was diagnosed very early with pancreatic cancer. She died within 2 years. I honestly think this cancer will kill regardless of when one is diagnosed. It's a killer.Period.

Please,please let research change the stats and soon!!!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 05:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I knew someone who "supposedly" was diagnosed very early with pancreatic cancer. She died within 2 years. I honestly think this cancer will kill regardless of when one is diagnosed. It's a killer.Period.

Please,please let research change the stats and soon!!!!!
the only one I have heard of, well 2 people that have survived ate a friend of mine's mother in law, it has been about 10 years, but the family suspects she really had liver cancer...and the supreme court justice, Ginsburg, who was diagnosed about 3 years ago, I think.

Yes, we have made so many strides with so many other cancers it is time we tackle this one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer