Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,257 times

Advertisements

I was diagnosed with stage 3c ovarian cancer Oct of 2007. I can understand how you feel, my 3 daughters went thru problems with understanding what I was going thru. I have had 3 surgeries and have been on chemo ever since. I've had 3 months off at 3 different times. Have taken 6 different chemicals , can't do clinical trials because I only have 1 kidney. I was told in 2011 that it has spread to my lymph nodes, my CA125 has never been below 50. With all this I still have hope because everyday Dr.'s are finding new treatment. The best advice I can give you is support your mom the best you can and listen to her cancer Dr. he/she is your best source of information and always remember HOPE NEVER QUITS, DON'T YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 11:45 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csm123 View Post
I was diagnosed with stage 3c ovarian cancer Oct of 2007. I can understand how you feel, my 3 daughters went thru problems with understanding what I was going thru. I have had 3 surgeries and have been on chemo ever since. I've had 3 months off at 3 different times. Have taken 6 different chemicals , can't do clinical trials because I only have 1 kidney. I was told in 2011 that it has spread to my lymph nodes, my CA125 has never been below 50. With all this I still have hope because everyday Dr.'s are finding new treatment. The best advice I can give you is support your mom the best you can and listen to her cancer Dr. he/she is your best source of information and always remember HOPE NEVER QUITS, DON'T YOU.
You have been on chemo since 2007, that is terrible, I am so sorry. You are obviously a fighter and I wish you the best.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,240,908 times
Smile Prayers to all of you

I'm praying for all of you.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,581 times
I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer stage 3 in November 2008, shaken and afraid of course. They removed 2 and a half liters of fluid off abdomen and liter off left lung on top of removing all female organs including cervix. 3 treatments before surgery of taxil and carboplatin and was microscopic. Had 3 more just to be sure then remission until July 2010. Scar tissue had wrapped around small intestines. They did emergency surgery and removed 18 inches to discover cancer in lymph nodes of intestine. 6 treatments later remission once again. Cancer is not finished yet with me. In March of 2012 it made another appearance this time left and right pelvic region and in diafram? (Not sure of spelling) This time they treated me with taxiter and carboplatin. 18 treatments later oncologist still continued to see a growth but did not think was cancer. He then referred me to a gynecologist/oncologist after examining me decided to take my case. Started laperscopic surgery when I woke he had removed a hernia 30cm (occurred after surgery of small intestine in 2010) and removed a orange size tumor on colon. This was in August of 2014. I recently had appointment to discuss chemo. Since surgery have had what they thought to be UTI's and was treated for them. Had 3 of them but pain never went away mainly on right side. Never having had one before I had no idea but pain continued after each completion of antibiotics. Gynecologist/Oncologist informed me that I had nodules in rectum and he didn't believe what I was experiencing was UTI'S. He believes cancer has returned and possibly leakage where they resection end colon after removal of orange size tumor. He did urine sample thru cauterization and scheduled a CT Scan asap which will be Friday. The only thing that can be done at this point is chemo once again. But will determine after CT. I'm afraid of course and worried. The life span average with ovarian stage 3 I read was 5 years at best. I am determined to beat this once again. I just past the 6 year mark in November. I believe your positive attitude and spirit have a lot to do with remission. I have a huge support system and large amounts of daily prayers. I lost one of my daughters unexpectedly in March of 2014 which makes my emotional health much worse. I am at the point of seeing someone in mental health. I try to be strong especially with loved ones but it's so much more challenging the fourth time dealing with chemo. Please continue prayers for all the ones dealing with cancer. Sometimes they appear to be stronger than they really are. Also before I forget. In March I was informed that my particular cancer would always reoccur it would just pick a different location which is another source of depression. It was a huge blow to my ongoing struggle fighting this horrible disease. Thank you for reading my experience (ongoing). I shared this because stats are based on average person. I am far from that!!! My email is [email]mbreaseale52@gmail.com[/email]. God Bless!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer