Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 03:04 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat42207 View Post
Last month I went for my yearly skin check and she thought a spot on my face, upper lip area needed to be biopsied. It was a pinkish spot very innocent looking. I didn't think much about it. She called it is cancer (basal cell) I was shocked! Now I have to go through surgery, called MOHS where they like peel the skin off layer by layer and look at it under microscope to make sure all the cancer is gone. I'm scared! I'm having this done Thursday. Has anyone else had this procedure done?
YES..I had this done ( under right eye just above my cheek bone) and it took about 10 minutes ( local anesthetic) and walked out. Went to work about an hour later. 5 Days later had the stitches removed (@work/worked in ER at the hospital) by a co-worker..cleaned up the room and went back to work. No scare at all as was done by a dermatologist.

Being awake and all..it was weird watching just what they actually removed!! But no reoccurrence...nor any pain other than irritation being right under my glasses frame. LOL

Don't worry OP..All will be fine..re-occurance rare if at all..But then again many can occur due to SUN exposures. If your particular blemish is not deep seeded..you may get away with nearly dry ice spraying??

Let us know how you made out OP

Old 06-07-2016, 08:31 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,029 times
I had a basal cell lesion removed from my face 3 yrs ago with the MOHS laser...have a small scar but it is not noticeable unless I point it out to someone first...about a month ago I was diagnosed with a type that can just be frozen off...I guess this is what happens when you are an Irish blue eyed blonde 54 year old former sun worshiper...I don't overly stress about it...just go for yearly checks at dermatologist...

Old 06-09-2016, 12:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I had a basal cell lesion removed from my face 3 yrs ago with the MOHS laser...have a small scar but it is not noticeable unless I point it out to someone first...about a month ago I was diagnosed with a type that can just be frozen off...I guess this is what happens when you are an Irish blue eyed blonde 54 year old former sun worshiper...I don't overly stress about it...just go for yearly checks at dermatologist...
yes, we all need to see our dermatologist at least once a year. And yes, too many of us grew up thinking a good sun tan is a healthy body: boy is that not so anymore. I still like a little color, but man, no more hours in the sun crap to make me look beautiful!!!!!

Old 06-21-2016, 07:41 PM

706 posts, read 757,118 times
A former long-time friend of mine has had several MOHS procedures done. It always "fixed the problem" at the time, but she continued to have problems because she hasn't done anything to improve her internal terrain. New cancers emerged, which also had to be surgically removed, and so on. So the MOHS procedure can certainly be helpful, but I feel it's much more beneficial to get to the root cause at some point. At the very least, I would personally apply Lugol's 7% Solution to the areas where the MOHS was done, to try and get to the cancer cells that may have been left deep under the skin after (or in spite of) the procedure. Iodine is an accepted topical agent, even in Western Medicine.

If you're interested at all in anything besides conventional care, check out my thread in the alternative medicine forum. It's not specific to skin cancer, but that doesn't really matter since cancer is cancer--no matter where it is in your body. Cancer is usually a whole-body issue, which means the whole body requires your attention. It certainly wouldn't hurt to address nutritional deficiencies and excess toxins.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/alter...ternative.html

Good luck. I wish you the best with your treatments of choice.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:52 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomdove View Post
A former long-time friend of mine has had several MOHS procedures done. It always "fixed the problem" at the time, but she continued to have problems because she hasn't done anything to improve her internal terrain. New cancers emerged, which also had to be surgically removed, and so on. So the MOHS procedure can certainly be helpful, but I feel it's much more beneficial to get to the root cause at some point. At the very least, I would personally apply Lugol's 7% Solution to the areas where the MOHS was done, to try and get to the cancer cells that may have been left deep under the skin after (or in spite of) the procedure. Iodine is an accepted topical agent, even in Western Medicine.

If you're interested at all in anything besides conventional care, check out my thread in the alternative medicine forum. It's not specific to skin cancer, but that doesn't really matter since cancer is cancer--no matter where it is in your body. Cancer is usually a whole-body issue, which means the whole body requires your attention. It certainly wouldn't hurt to address nutritional deficiencies and excess toxins.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/alter...ternative.html

Good luck. I wish you the best with your treatments of choice.
If you understood what MOHS entails you would know that margins are checked at the time of excision until margins are clear as in no cancer cells remaining....

Applying a topical solution which would do nothing even if there were cancer cells remaining is kind of pointless

MOHS does get to the ROOT cause of skin cancers....and no "cancer is cancer" isn't even close to true...that is why there is no "one size fits all treatment" for ALL cancers.

I really don't think folks on this forum are interested in your nonsense....

Old 06-22-2016, 07:02 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,800,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
If you understood what MOHS entails you would know that margins are checked at the time of excision until margins are clear as in no cancer cells remaining....

Applying a topical solution which would do nothing even if there were cancer cells remaining is kind of pointless

MOHS does get to the ROOT cause of skin cancers....and no "cancer is cancer" isn't even close to true...that is why there is no "one size fits all treatment" for ALL cancers.

I really don't think folks on this forum are interested in your nonsense....
My mother had MOHS in 2009 for a skin cancer on the side of her nose. The surgery totally removed the cancerous cells and she had no visable scarring. It was great because she was able to leave the surgeon's office 100% assured her skin cancer was gone. The 5 year cure rate for MOHS is 99%. If I ever get skin cancer and am a candidate for MOHS, no doubt it will be my treatment choice.

And while it's been explained numerous times why the statement "cancer is cancer" is untrue and scientifically indefensible, some continue to push that notion because it bolsters their story. If "cancer is cancer" then treating it by taking herbs and supplements regardless of the type or placement of the "cancer" seems more reasonable when it's anything but.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:05 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
This thread has run its course.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer