Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2017, 10:43 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

Teen smoking rates have hit new lows in the U.S. and, for the first time, fewer high school students are trying e-cigarettes, new data show.

The latest report on teen smoking from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows 20 percent of high school students have used at least one tobacco product recently — mostly e-cigarettes.

U.S. Teens Dump Tobacco, E-Cigarettes - NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 01:57 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
It's typical (and ludicrous) for the insane CDC to equate cigarettes with vaping.

In a nutshell, I don't believe a single word they say. It would be nice if teens stopped smoking, but it will never happen. I have to wonder if I would have started smoking 50+ years ago if we had known then how harmful it is. Probably so. I was always a rebel and kids think nothing bad will ever happen to them.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:14 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It's typical (and ludicrous) for the insane CDC to equate cigarettes with vaping.

In a nutshell, I don't believe a single word they say. It would be nice if teens stopped smoking, but it will never happen. I have to wonder if I would have started smoking 50+ years ago if we had known then how harmful it is. Probably so. I was always a rebel and kids think nothing bad will ever happen to them.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.
Where does the article "equate cigarettes with vaping"?

What do you not believe about the article? It's a survey about smoking and vaping in young people. Do you think they just made up the statistics?

The question to be answered is, "Are there hazards to vaping?" Vaping may be safer than smoking tobacco, but that does not mean it is totally safe. Nicotine has widespread effects on many organs.

Article is from a group in India; CDC not involved:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4363846/

Vaping may be useful as it offers the opportunity to wean off nicotine. It is probably unwise to assume it is a totally innocuous substitute for smoking.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:51 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,908 times
https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/news/pro...new-rcp-report

Old 06-24-2017, 02:15 AM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times
I've wanted to switch to vaping but am concerned that I may be compounding problems. Lately I've been smoking a few smokes a day. I'd rather vape, but don't know much about it. I've heard there's no way of knowing how much drug is in the puffs.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:22 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
I've wanted to switch to vaping but am concerned that I may be compounding problems. Lately I've been smoking a few smokes a day. I'd rather vape, but don't know much about it. I've heard there's no way of knowing how much drug is in the puffs.
When you say drug, are you talking about nicotine?
Nicotine in vape is not considered a drug. It is classified as a 'tobacco product'.
What kind of vape are you using?
Do you fill your own tank with a bottle of liquid that you purchased?

If you have a bottle, it will say on the label.
I use a liquid that I purchase online. Each bottle has the amount on the label. I vape at 6mg nic per ml.
When I started vaping 4 years ago, I started at 24mg. That got me through the withdrawals from all the MAOIs that are in cigarettes.

Most eliquid vendors will let you choose the nic content that works for you. I was able to go down in my nic over time. I do not plan to ever stop. There are those that do quit smoking with vaping and then quit vaping.

If you don't know how much nic is in your vape, you need to quit buying it from that vendor. By law, it needs to be stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer