Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 02:36 PM

140 posts, read 142,563 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon C-D Friends,

I was recently diagnosed with Melanoma In-Situ (Stage 0). Another biopsy pending. I decided to go with caution and have ordered some of the UV protective clothing. I noted before purchase that these are only guaranteed for 40 washings.

Has anyone here ordered the protective clothing to be used in conjunction with sunblock? And, if so, what type of sunblock do you use? Does it contain zinc oxide?

Warm regards,

Reddog53
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 09:37 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,691,707 times
I've always bought the Coolibar brand clothing. Neutrogena sunscreen is the product my mother was told was the best. . . Back when she was dealing with skin cancer. It's the UV ray protection you need.

For me I just depend on the sunscreen clothing and go out when the sun isn't as intense. I wear the shirt, gloves, and hat and always long pants.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:50 AM

@Sollaces,

I have purchased the shirts, hats, but not long pants. Having trouble finding some. Still awaiting the results of the last biopsy. I know if my derm calls, bad news. If his nurse calls, good news. Thank you for the suggestion on the sunscreen.

Warm regards,

Reddog53

Old 07-23-2018, 02:48 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog53 View Post
@Sollaces,

I have purchased the shirts, hats, but not long pants. Having trouble finding some. Still awaiting the results of the last biopsy. I know if my derm calls, bad news. If his nurse calls, good news. Thank you for the suggestion on the sunscreen.

Warm regards,

Reddog53
Hope you hear from the nurse real soon.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:36 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,955,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I do too. Keeping fingers crossed!

Do you have any thoughts about shoes? I wear Teva sandals just about everywhere but lately I’ve been noticing some dark tanning where the skin is exposed. I try hard to stay indoors from 10 am to 3 pm at least but sometimes you can’t.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:54 PM

Thank you! Actually, just heard back: Rt. deltoid biopsy: Benign, no further treatment needed. Next appt. 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
You know, I was wondering the same thing. In the summer, I wear flats, Rainbows or walking shoes. Rainbows are going to allow too much exposure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I do too. Keeping fingers crossed!

Do you have any thoughts about shoes? I wear Teva sandals just about everywhere but lately I’ve been noticing some dark tanning where the skin is exposed. I try hard to stay indoors from 10 am to 3 pm at least but sometimes you can’t.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:29 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,955,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog53 View Post
Thank you! Actually, just heard back: Rt. deltoid biopsy: Benign, no further treatment needed. Next appt. 3 months.

Woo-hoo!

Old 07-27-2018, 10:51 AM

Good Morning,

Do you wear the Coolibar long pants or denim pants? Thank you.

Warm regards,

Reddog53
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
I've always bought the Coolibar brand clothing. Neutrogena sunscreen is the product my mother was told was the best. . . Back when she was dealing with skin cancer. It's the UV ray protection you need.

For me I just depend on the sunscreen clothing and go out when the sun isn't as intense. I wear the shirt, gloves, and hat and always long pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer