Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 06:01 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,212,654 times

Advertisements

Pretty sore today. Feels like some of my nerves are trying to make a comeback. Wish they would stay away because it is kinda uncomfortable. I was warned about there being some discomfort when the nerves start regenerating. It's bearable, but Oww!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 07:33 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
That makes me hurt for you. Sorry you're not feeling well.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:38 PM

Have any of you been to a class called, Look Good, Feel Better put on my the cancer society?
I went to one today and got some makeup and skincare items. It's like a Mary Kay party but it's different brands of makeup and skincare.
Most of the women had wigs and scarves and took them off during the class. It helped me realize that being bald is not a bad thing and it's doable. They gave me a wig if I wanted to wear it and some scarves and showed me different ways to tie the scarves.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:19 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,553 times
Song, all I wear are biker Do-rags. I bought some really cute breast cancer ones online. They are very comfortable. I especially like that I can quickly and easily pull it off during a hot flash. I may just stay bald until the chemo induced menopause is over!

Old 04-07-2010, 04:31 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,212,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Have any of you been to a class called, Look Good, Feel Better put on my the cancer society?
I went to one today and got some makeup and skincare items. It's like a Mary Kay party but it's different brands of makeup and skincare.
Most of the women had wigs and scarves and took them off during the class. It helped me realize that being bald is not a bad thing and it's doable. They gave me a wig if I wanted to wear it and some scarves and showed me different ways to tie the scarves.
My mom and I went to that class a few weeks ago (for my mom). They were really fantastic. Never knew how to do brow liner, you learn something new every day. My mom got a great wig and looked good in her Easter church outfit this past weekend.

One thing my mom noted is that her chemo made her queasy right afterward but then she starts munching on everything in site. My dad is making jokes about it. We believe it is because of the steroids that she gets with her chemo. However, she is not gaining any weight. Not what we expected as a reaction.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:43 PM

I felt strange with the wig on when it was put on me and have a feeling I'll be doing scarves and do rags too. The wig is cute even though it needs to be texturized and cut some around the sides and top but I feel funny in it and the weather is going to be hot the whole time I'm on chemo.
Were you all completely healed from your surgery before starting chemo? I still have swelling even though the incision looks healed. I think they want me to start chemo in a couple of weeks but don't know if they do it when someone is swelled.

Eating a bunch of food and not gaining weight is a dream for me. I used to be able to do that until I turned 35, and then I realized I can't do this anymore without gaining weight.
Anyway, if there is any perk to chemo, a loss of appetite for me will be okay or eating all I want and not gaining weight. I was told the goal is to maintain your weight and not lose or gain but I won't complain if I lose some. I'm just now starting to fit back into my jeans. My stomach and waist have been swollen from the breast surgery and starting to go down finally. I was so happy to wear jeans the other day without having a hard time putting them on.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:10 PM

I started chemo about a month after my mastectomy. I was nowhere near fully healed.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:45 PM

Thanks Chele. Not that I'm looking forward to doing chemo but my oncologist told me they like to start at the 7th week and I'm on my 5th week and still swollen. Got to see my surgeon next week though.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:52 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
I had another two ounce fill up this week and I'm pretty sore. I believe I have one more fill up to go and then will have my exchange surgery in June. It's pretty exciting to see them make a new body part to replace what was lost. Iwish all of you well as you work your way through this journey.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:11 PM

You're welcome. I had a huge hematoma on the left side, it didn't stop the chemo though!

I don't think I'd enjoy the rebuilding process Sunnydee! You're tougher than me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer