Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 AM

2 posts, read 2,124 times

Advertisements

i would like to hear some advises because my wife is is having a breast cancer.i really need some advice right now please everyone help.

to reduce breast size
how to reduce breast size
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 10:10 AM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Have a look at this post. I know it's long but there's a lot of good information in it. She chose to have reconstruction immediately.

A family friend lost both of hers over 15 years ago. She had the lumps that would have to be watched; don't remember exactly but back then, insurance did not want to pay for it. She had to see a shrink who had to declare it was detrimental to her healing to have it done.

I saw her in 2004 & she still loves her new boobs. She had them done larger but not too large. She always said she was going to tattoo butterflies where the nipples would be. She had a great attitude.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:00 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,052,256 times
I had the expander and implant, and a redo, cause the first one was too big for me. When it all settled, I went back and had the nipple tatoo in a color which matches the other one. I was going to skip it, but it comes with the surgery and the insurance pays, so I did it. The surgeon was able to use some skin to make a fake nipple and with the tatoo its very realistic.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:21 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,212 times
The June schedule didn't work out, so I had my exchange surgery today.
I'm on pain meds, but I think my replacement looks and feels natural except for the absence of a nipple. I'm not sure if I'm going to go there or not. Right now the idea of another surgery isn't too appealing, but I'll revisit the idea in the future. What a relief to be restored! Best wishes to all who are on this journey.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:45 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,650,295 times
I had the diep flap about ten years ago. They took fat from my tummy and transplanted it under my breast skin. It looks perfectly natural and I still have some sensation.

There was a long scar across my abdomen but it's faded now and it's below the bikini line anyway. Also, I like my new breasts better than my old ones!

There was very little pain because they didn't cut through any muscle. The first week was horrible because I had lots of drains in me and I had to sleep on my back. In one week I was walking outside in a park and in two weeks I was pretty much okay except I remember tightness in my tummy area. It was a long surgery, that was the downside but I think it's much safer in the long run that having something artificial placed inside your body. I had Dr. Keller in Long Island. I highly recommend the diep flap.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:29 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,417,590 times
Glad all went so well, Sunnydee, very glad it's over for you (I was amazed at how well I felt when mine was done ), rest up and take things slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
The June schedule didn't work out, so I had my exchange surgery today.
I'm on pain meds, but I think my replacement looks and feels natural except for the absence of a nipple. I'm not sure if I'm going to go there or not. Right now the idea of another surgery isn't too appealing, but I'll revisit the idea in the future. What a relief to be restored! Best wishes to all who are on this journey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer