Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 01:12 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,642 times

Advertisements

So my husbands 'almost 1 yr " followup happened a few day ago - he had gone in and had a new CT before(typical)- so we go to the docs (Loma Linda) and that damn nodule that has been static has started growing. 1 cm since Nov. Soooo......Docs appt in 2 weeks tests before then = pulmonary function test, blood, pre-op testing, Brain MRI, PET scan, radiology assisted lung biopsy. This next week is gonna be friggin BUSY!.

Man...this is like stepping in dog crap in a brand new pair of tennies....we just started thinking it's time to move back into our house....time to buy an RV for having fun....and
*WHAM*
Surgery may not be possible this time because of where the tumor is located (close to the airway) so it's chemo/radiation - if surgery is possible it will be followed up with zapping whatever little aliens are still hanging around....
even though we don't know for sure thats it's a reoccurance....when you're sitting in the Cancer Center - speaking to your Oncologist....it's doubtful you're talking about a cold sore, ya know?

So today....we went and bought a motorhome...cash...we got stuff to do and places to go!

prayers welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 04:04 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,212,654 times
Prayers definitely sent your way.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:59 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
Go kick ass, have fun and you have my prayers.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:53 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Go kick ass, have fun and you have my prayers.
What she said!

Old 03-21-2010, 01:30 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,211,281 times
The very best to you and enjoy the new "toy!"

Old 03-21-2010, 06:07 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,525,377 times
You sound like a fantastic couple--all the best to you both.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:52 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
So my husbands 'almost 1 yr " followup happened a few day ago - he had gone in and had a new CT before(typical)- so we go to the docs (Loma Linda) and that damn nodule that has been static has started growing. 1 cm since Nov. Soooo......Docs appt in 2 weeks tests before then = pulmonary function test, blood, pre-op testing, Brain MRI, PET scan, radiology assisted lung biopsy. This next week is gonna be friggin BUSY!.

Man...this is like stepping in dog crap in a brand new pair of tennies....we just started thinking it's time to move back into our house....time to buy an RV for having fun....and
*WHAM*
Surgery may not be possible this time because of where the tumor is located (close to the airway) so it's chemo/radiation - if surgery is possible it will be followed up with zapping whatever little aliens are still hanging around....
even though we don't know for sure thats it's a reoccurance....when you're sitting in the Cancer Center - speaking to your Oncologist....it's doubtful you're talking about a cold sore, ya know?

So today....we went and bought a motorhome...cash...we got stuff to do and places to go!

prayers welcome!

We pray for you and others here every night .

Have a great time in your motorhome . Too many of us wait to retire ,imo. i think we should all take as many vacations as possible , but with some of us can't afford it ,others spend on less important things like big homes and cars that enslave them .

Old 03-25-2010, 12:40 AM

We just got home from a very full day - Brain MRI this morning - then later in the afternoon was the lung biopsy - both went textbook. We know some of the tissue removed is cancerous - pathology spilled the beans....so, Dr appt on Tuesday - lets see what direction we go in this time.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:24 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,525,377 times
You must feel like packing up that camper and taking a long long ride....

Old 03-27-2010, 12:50 PM

yeah, we sure would like to pack up and go. However Life most assuredly does not stop for this. When he was diagnosed the 1st time we were in Chicago - away from all friends and family. This time, at least, we're home. And I am finding out that it doesn't really matter all THAT much. What I mean is - it's still me and him. And it will be. I'll be the one with him at all the appts, infusions, etc....not that I care that I am. I prefer it that way.
Cancer makes other people uncomfortable and I can understand that. Too bad especially since most people will know someone - be family with - love someone - who has or will have cancer...know thy enemy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer