Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2015, 08:18 AM

128 posts, read 246,705 times

Advertisements

If you've done this, how much did your insurance increase?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 08:26 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
Most insurance companies will not issue a policy to a NM anonymous LLC unless the Organizer or Registered Agent provides the owner's personal information. Those few 3rd rate insurance carriers that will cover will charge you at the top rated scale (one step from not being insurable at all). So, you pay a fortune through a lower level insurance carrier or you get declined from the normal carriers.

Last edited by Rabrrita; 12-25-2015 at 09:08 PM..

Old 01-01-2016, 02:01 PM

I don't mind disclosing the owner to the insurance company; do you know if this would increase insurance rates? The primary motivation for this is to ensure privacy via JJ Luna's methods, if you are familiar with him.

Thank you!! It's so very hard to find information about this.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:09 PM

If the insurance is in an anonymous NM LLC, some carriers (even with the owner/drivers information) raise the rates as they would for a "corporate car pool vehicle" just because they can. By trying to conceal your identity, you open it up more for scrutiny. Also as an FYI, a anonymous NM LLC doesn't mean your info is private, it means its not listed anywhere openly but is accessible when needed. If you use the NM LLC confidentiality method to try and keep your identity quiet, the insurance company is still going to associate your personal information to that LLC and that will be propagated around in no time. So some data broker will now link all your personal info to that LLC and if you use that LLC for any other transaction, your personal info will follow.

This sounds like some "technically" it can be done, but more likely not workable in today's real life world of electronic integration. I would think it only takes one link between your personal info and that NM LLC to connect the dots from now on.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
If the insurance is in an anonymous NM LLC, some carriers (even with the owner/drivers information) raise the rates as they would for a "corporate car pool vehicle" just because they can. By trying to conceal your identity, you open it up more for scrutiny. Also as an FYI, a anonymous NM LLC doesn't mean your info is private, it means its not listed anywhere openly but is accessible when needed. If you use the NM LLC confidentiality method to try and keep your identity quiet, the insurance company is still going to associate your personal information to that LLC and that will be propagated around in no time. So some data broker will now link all your personal info to that LLC and if you use that LLC for any other transaction, your personal info will follow.

This sounds like some "technically" it can be done, but more likely not workable in today's real life world of electronic integration. I would think it only takes one link between your personal info and that NM LLC to connect the dots from now on.
Very valuable info; it sounds like you know what you're talking about. This is mainly to prevent random people from discovering my legal name and location from my driver's license. What do you think would be best for this case?

Old 01-24-2016, 07:39 PM

Have yo asked your state if you can use a mailing address (such as a PO Box) on the license? I can use a PO Box on Motor Vehicles documents as my mailing address so long as they have my legal physical address in their system. As far as anyone checking my license and/or registration, all they have access to is the mailing address on the document.

Once again, even if you attempt to use the NM anonymous LLC, your insurance carrier will need the operator(s) of the vehicles for their files. My company's pool vehicles are under the business name, but I have to provide a list of all drivers and their info to the insurance company (and our risk mitigation company) as a condition of insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance