Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 10:06 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times

Advertisements

So the boat has been released to me by the insurance company, the boat has been registered again by the non-legal "owner", and police have been notified again and have entered it in NCIC, after many years of inexplicably not doing so. Lets see if anything happens this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 09:32 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
Hey Rabrrita, guess what's sitting in my garage right now? Hint: it floats.

I learned the answer to "How"? You just never give up, despite all the people telling you to give up and telling you that you're wasting your time. I finally found a law enforcement officer willing to do their job, who was as disgusted as I was at the way this has been botched over and over for 20 years. Now the job has finally been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
God are they conning you big time. A Title Release simple is them turning back over their interest in that property to you. The Title itself doesn't actually mean you are the legal owner as it's possible a superior title was already issued.

Let em see if I can explain what I'm talking about and why after a NMVTIS check, you may just be the proud owner of only a nice official looking piece of paper, but not the property:

You own a boat. It's titled and registered to you. It's insured. It's stolen. The insurance company pays you for the loss. You give them the title. They are now the owners.

The boat is recovered by the police and sent to impound. The Police and/or impound yard send the required state legal notices of the recovery to the insurance company. The stolen status in NMVTIS is changed to recovered. Due to time, cost, value or miscommunications, the insurance company (as last legal owners of that hull number) doesn't act to recover the property. The impound yard files the necessary paperwork with the state. The state send their notice (if required) and ultimately authorizes the impound yard to legal sell the property. Upon sale/auction, the purchases receives a legal state authorization wiping out all past ownership rights (like a real estate tax auction or asset forfeiture sales) and authorizes the issuance of a new clean title to that purchaser. NMVTIS now reflects the state ordered legal transfer of right. The purchaser now legally register and tiles the property in their name. All prior ownership rights and claims are gone, wiped away with any paper title from prior owners void and worthless. The police may not help as the can clearly see the legal transfer and status so your out of the picture.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:56 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,984,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Hey Rabrrita, guess what's sitting in my garage right now? Hint: it floats.
Uh, let me guess, a bag of hot air?

If you really got it back and not just saying you did to save face like so many have attempted to do in the past, good for you. But, I don't care anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance