Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 05:13 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

Good Morning Cyn......stopping by to check in with you and to say "HI"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 05:24 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Good morning!

Old 04-15-2013, 05:29 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Good morning cyn. That would be great if both of your sons could help out a little. Crossing my fingers for you.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:11 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Good morning.........hope your doing well. Judging from the posts I read...seems like you are.

Will be on the road later heading home.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:52 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Good morning everyone!

EM, you be careful driving home. Have a nice ride!

DH's son did not stay very long but at least he did come by but I really think it was because he had that part for my DH that we dropped off the other day and he knew my DH needs to have it to sell...but he also did give us the phone so that was very nice. Wish he could find just a little more time for his dad though. I am so overwhelmed by this phone...but the kids tell me I'll figure it out and then it will be easy! My mind does not work like theirs as far as these new gadgets go....it's like math with me--it just doesn't sink in easily! I just need to sit down and play with it for awhile I guess---in my spare time! Now my little boy kitty has a cold and it is turning into an upper respiratory problem with runny eyes--could also be allergies but he feels warm so I started him on antibiotics this morning and now I have to watch all the cats carefully to make sure no one else comes down with it. I am so stressed again.....I seriously need to relax. I read my page in my book that kats sent me and it helps but I just have so much going on right now. DH wants me to break down all the cardboard boxes in the shop so we can get it cleaned up in there and load them on the truck to take to the dump, and there is a lot---also throw away the trash--plastic wrap we had around the pallets we have been trying to open and Styrofoam pieces...take pictures of large items like the sand blaster so we can get them listed on Craigs list (I hate Craigs list but that is the only way we can sell the big items), plus do my normal daily things and keep listing on ebay! Meantime I am trying to figure out the best way to get those wheelchairs and the scooter from CA to NC for a good price. Tomorrow I have to go and renew my drivers license and in NC you have to go in every time and take the eye test and sign recognition test. In the morning my DH has a Dr's appointment in Concord and I have a hair appointment in the afternoon so I'll have to do the drivers license after that I guess. A long day.....Anyhow I suppose I had better go out and get started on breaking down the boxes and loading them in the truck so everyone have a lovely day and as always thank you for stopping by so I know I am not alone in this journey... and for holding me up and making me smile! I could not do this without you!

Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Oh Cyn......I wish you didn't have to do all the boxes.....when we moved from Maine to California......I had about 80 to 100 boxes to break down.....it becomes hard work in short order. I wish he had asked his son to do that for you guys....it would have been a way for son to be a help to his Dad without having to sit and "visit".....sometimes that is hard between father and son.....shouldn't be but often is.

My mind is like yours as far as math and electronic equipment. My DP got an I phone and he did get the hang of it....not immediately but by trial and error. Now he can send pictures, check his email, etc. You will get it ...... trial and error.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:03 AM

I agree elston. I have that many plus more boxes to break down and it is very hard work. I did get a lot done and loaded in the truck ready to go. My DH forgets that I am not 20 years old and have a torn rotater cuff that gets very sore. My DH always had workers that worked for him and he himself is/was a workaholic so he just expects me to get this done. He did come out and try to help but really it is just easier to do it myself so I don't have to worry about him. I haven't even put a dent in what has to be done but there is only so much room at the trash place so we'll take it in several loads which will also make it a bit easier for me. I probably broke down 40-60 boxes total--from the last couple of days. DH's son did help by putting together the sandblaster and honestly I think he figures he already did his part when he was living at home as a teenager as his father did expect him to do lots of work. I think he resents having to do as much as he did and I can understand that. Just because my DH is a workaholic does not mean he should push everyone around him in the same manner. Just my opinion! I will say he did pay his workers extremely well but they earned every penny of it! And his son never ever wanted for anything! He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth! But he did work his rear off too.

Last edited by cynwldkat; 04-15-2013 at 10:14 AM..

Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 AM

That's funny elston about the IPhone---we must think with the right side of our brain!

Old 04-15-2013, 10:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hey, as long as we have brains, right?

Just remember, Cyn...you can only eat an elephant one bite at a time.

We're still here for ya!

Old 04-15-2013, 11:09 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
cyn do you have a freecycle online in your county? If so list those boxes maybe somebody will come & haul them away for you free. That would be out of your way and off your list then off your worry chart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving