Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,670,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thanks EM--that is so true! At least I hope for me it's true too. My poor DH just started sobbing and said he is so tired of waking up feeling bad--he is so sad....he said he just wants to wake up feeling good and not sorry for himself..I held him and told him I loved him. Not sure what else I can do....
cyn........that is a powerful moment. Really. And you did just what you were supposed to do. Give him the love and comfort at that moment.
God bless you and him. I feel for both of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 01:37 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,258,704 times
Quote:
Thanks EM--that is so true! At least I hope for me it's true too. My poor DH just started sobbing and said he is so tired of waking up feeling bad--he is so sad....he said he just wants to wake up feeling good and not sorry for himself..I held him and told him I loved him. Not sure what else I can do....
How lucky he is that you're by his side.

Quote:
It sure does zap every bit of everything a person has inside them.....I am so torn...oh my this is so sad. I get going ok, start taking some pictures get my mind working on how to properly describe said item and then wham.......now all I can think about is how he must feel and how to make him feel better. OK--I'm done--just needed to talk about it.....thanks for being here! I feel better just getting it off my chest. The day is so pretty outside even though it's only about 38 degrees and windy--blue blue skies. Think I'll go have a word with the big guy above.....
Can't hurt!

So proud of you putting in the insulation. Who cares how it looks? Nobody'll be seeing it anyway.

Wish you were close...I made some wonderful Potato Leek corn cheddar soup yesterday for our dinner tonight, then today I made the bestest banana bread and some stoneground wheat bread to go with our soup tonight. Can't tell you how the wheat bread tastes yet...we haven't tried it.

Hugs, girl.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:46 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,287,918 times
NMS - Wow! That sounds wonderful!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:08 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
I will dream how it tastes tonight NMS! You have no idea how I wish all of you were right next door!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,943,404 times
I hope all the caregivers out there can get a respite and restful sleep. You are the angels. Take care of yourself.

Cyn, I totally understand how it feels when you can't do more than a hug to make someone that you love, feel better. I am sure it helps him to feel you and know you are there.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:50 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
Good Morning Cyn. It sounds as if yesterday morning was a very sad time for you and your DH. He was overwhelmed with sadness when he woke up. That is so understandable; he wakes up each day feeling sick and weakened....and he knows it will continue like that. Hopefully some days he wakes up feeling a bit more ready to face the day. I keep him in my prayerful thoughts.

You and DH are going thru this together.....and you are both entitled to your feelings....He can sob about how sad he is .... when he needs to. So can you. This isn't about you being brave and him being the patient. You are both suffering from the same disease....he has it..but you have your loved one who has it. It is just as hard for you to contemplate the time ahead as it is for him....perhaps harder for you. You both need to be strong and you both need to be aware of the need to emote but also the need to be mindful of the other.

If you are both brave.....and mindful.....you will get thru this together. He was being mindful of you when he pushed you to do the insulation....."you have to know how to do things on your own".

That is my message for the two of you. I wouldnt wish this on any living soul on the face of the earth. If you are able to face it together.....you can make it.

Last edited by elston; 01-23-2013 at 05:19 AM..

Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 AM

A very good inspirational post for me and others in my situation elston. Thank you and good morning.
DH said had slept well last night so that is a good thing. He usually stays in bed until 10am nowdays but today he is already up so maybe it will be a good day!

Old 01-23-2013, 06:28 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
Quote:
A very good inspirational post for me and others in my situation elston. Thank you and good morning.
DH said had slept well last night so that is a good thing. He usually stays in bed until 10am nowdays but today he is already up so maybe it will be a good day!
Doubling down on those hopes that he has a good day today!

Old 01-23-2013, 06:47 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,670,016 times
Morning Cyn.......I hope today is a good day for both you and hubby. hang on to the loving and trusting moments with each other.
got any more potato leek soup NMS?

I'm with Elston.......I wouldn't wish this on a living soul either and my heart breaks for you and anyone else going through this.
Just know you have positive support, kind words, love, prayers, good thoughts, karma and a host of good positive stuff coming you way.

(((((((((()))))))))))

Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 PM

So my sister that has Myastheina Gravis called today--her DH is has congestive heart failure and now I am not sure how she can deal with this. She has good neighbors and friends but hasn't been alone in a long time and lives up in the mountains so not a lot of assistance for her up there--hopefully it will only be for long enough to have tests run on her DH and he will be back home--praying.......Please Lord--can we just have a little time without all the stress???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving