Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 05:07 AM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

Good Morning cyn and friends. Good Luck in all you endeavor today.
Best wishes to OL cat and to cyn in her attempt to get to the bottom of the outrageous increase in DH's medication price. If it's a generic drug I cant understand.....the big pharma industry has lost the patents on drugs that have a generic equivalent, so they cant gouge and call it recouping there costs for development of the drug. There must be an answer to it......good luck finding it cyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 05:23 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Good morning Elston and Sudcaro.

Cyn........could that be a mistake.....seems like an outrageous jump in price. doesn't sound right to me.

Good news about Old lady. Poor baby.

Happy Hump day. There is always a hump to get over isn't there!!

Old 06-05-2013, 06:04 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Good morning cyn.

Wow that is a crazy jump in price. What did you find out?

One more day until Amber is there

Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Lisa, you beat me to it..... I was going to mention Amber's arrival tomorrow! I guess we're all a bit excited about it!

Cyn, what an unbelievable jump in prices. Best of luck with getting it fixed. I find, a lot of times, if you stand your ground w/insurance companies, they'll finally do the right thing. But you have to fight for it; they know a lot of people give in easily.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:58 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Good morning all!
I believe Amber won't be here until after the weekend since that is probably the only days her brother and SIL will have off so they will most likely be here on Monday.
I've been on the phone all morning trying to figure this medication price jump out. No one has an answer so far--not even the company that makes it. It is no longer sold by the trade company only the generic company--it all seems very odd to me. I called the ALS clinic too and left a message asking if they could check into it for me as well. If that is the price I guess my DH will not be able to get them anymore and it is the only drug that has done any good at all. It has helped him a lot too. I'm praying it is a mistake somewhere......
I didn't sleep much last night with all of this on my mind. I have to get this figured out....
OL ate well this morning and I even gave her a little bath--just washed her face and legs so now she looks better!
Thanks for all the warm wishes and have a good day all!

Old 06-05-2013, 07:15 AM

cyn.....do you get it at a pharmacy or Mailed to you? Does the pharmacist have any idea?

Old 06-05-2013, 07:51 AM

We go to a local pharmacy but went to WalMart yesterday because they still had some old stock at the old price. They didn't have very many but enough to buy us some time so I can try to get this figured out. They said they didn't know why it went up and WalMart doesn't know what their price will be yet. Our little local pharmacy always has the best prices--until now....I am seriously considering contacting the CEO of Mylan pharmaceuticals--may as well go to the top, right? Now to figure out how to get a contact number or address.....they are pretty hard to locate usually. No one seems to know anything as of right now....or so they say. But like you pointed out elston--they did none of the extensive research and testing which is why the trade pharmacy gets the big money usually..all the generic companies do is take the info and and make the drugs. The ingredients must be gold!

Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 AM

I just looked up Mylan pharmaceuticals. The first article I read had this information.

"In 2000, the company agreed to pay $147 million to settle accusations by the FTC that they had raised the price of generic lorazepam by 2600% and generic clorazepate by 3200%. Mylan obtained exclusive licensing agreements, in 1998, for certain ingredients. The company did not admit to any wrongdoing."

What is the name of the drug your husband is taking? Lets research it.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:33 AM

Albuterol 2mg tabs. Maybe our pharmacy had some kind of glitch and they were wrong? Even if it is going up in price I cannot imagine that kind of increase. DH said I'm worrying to much because he got a printout from WalMart revised 5/31/2013 and this drug is still on their $4.00 list. Not sure how often they revise their list. Thanks elston for helping me here. I hope I am overacting and it was a goof-up at my pharmacy!

Old 06-05-2013, 08:37 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,075,290 times
Cyn, this is from the 'contact us' page on their website:

Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
781 Chestnut Ridge Rd.
Morgantown, WV 26505
1-800-RX-MYLAN
www.mylan.com

Their website 'Contact Us' page also provides a way to send an email, but I don't know which division it goes to.

Good luck. I'll keep reading too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving