Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 07:33 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,209,366 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone!
I did call one place, the closest but they don't seem to be very helpful so we're going to go to a place in a town about 20 miles away and talk to them in person--sometimes that works better.
DH had another grumpy evening---he just seems to snap....last night after we heard the weather and it said the rain is suppose to continue for a few more days I mentioned how I need to find a better place for the dry cat food outside as it gets wet sometimes and then it has to be tossed---well I put it out for other critters so nothing ever gets wasted. He freaked out--said I'd spent $3.00 more then usual on this food because I was out and now I'm throwing it away. He told me to move all the cat food to the covered front porch which is where I originally wanted to put it years ago but he didn't want the cats all over the front porch plus it draws ants but I can spray around the bottom of the porch to help keep the ants off. So I agreed but he just would not let it go. Then he cried and said how miserable he feels and he is hurting---probably from helping to move the wheelchairs and getting down on his knees trying to see numbers etc on the scooter and most probably just the ALS is destroying his muscles so that has to be painful. And he is having so much trouble just breathing. Seems when I wake up it's all I think about.....
I am so sorry to dump on all of you--especially when you try so hard to keep me up--and you do! I just need to vent sometimes. Thank you all for your up-lifting and caring posts here--I really appreciate them all!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 07-02-2013 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 08:07 AM

47,862 posts, read 21,884,067 times

Old 07-02-2013, 08:14 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,631,382 times
a little pick me up sunshine cyn.
Oh honey,......I know this is tough and can't even begin to imagine going through this.
you can always vent to us cyn.....we are here for you to pick you up and support you. YOu need this.

bad days do pass. hang in

Old 07-02-2013, 11:36 AM

Oh my I sure do need some happy today.....yes, this to shall pass. Still it hurts so bad right now.
I just have to keep reminding myself I can do this--I am ok!

Old 07-02-2013, 11:50 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,121,144 times
Yes you can do this and yes you are more than OK to so many don't beat yourself up for feeling the pressure. Huggies.

Have you tried to put the cat food in a metal trash can with a lid? That always kept critters & insects out of our dog food & bird seed.

I hope some of those links I sent you are of help.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:26 PM

I am still checking out the links but for some reason I'm having a very hard time with concentration--probably because I stopped my ADD medications. But I will do one thing at a time and yes, eventually it will get done. It's not the storage of the cat because I keep it in containers in the house.. it's the putting it out for feeding is where the ants get into it. The outdoor cats graze on dry food and well so do the ants if they can. I just went out to check on BuBu and his dog house had a spider hatch an egg I guess cause there are a ton of baby spiders everywhere--ugh! I duster his house with more DE but I need to thoroughly clean it now and with this weather it's not gonna happen for a few days. Poor guy! DH just asked why I am so antsy---depressed--How can he not see what he does?? It's not like I just forget it and go on with life....when he is mean it really hurts me and I guess he just figures it's over and one. I wish I could be that way.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:41 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,121,144 times
Oh I see well how about trying to put a very thin layer around the bottom of the cat bowls up about an inch of Vaseline? That is what I'd do to the shepherd hooks I hang my hummer feeders on to keep the ants away. I don't know that it is harmful to cats but never hurt my outside cats. Might give it a try that way you won't waste the food when the ants get into it and maybe can spray away from their bowls?

Old 07-02-2013, 01:52 PM

47,862 posts, read 21,884,067 times
When I had ants in the dogs food bowl......I would put the food in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer. Killed the ants and it didn't seem to bother the dogs. I don't know if that's a good idea....but it is what I did.....when I was in California.
They seemed to have many more ants out there than any place I had ever lived. They made little trails/pathways thru the grass.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:16 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,281,833 times
I hear you about needing to find your happy, Cyn. I know how hard it is. Take deep breaths, it often helps with stress.
Big hugs.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:03 PM

Yeah Sudcaro--finding my happy has been hard a lot of the time it seems lately....sigh...and I have always been known as the happy person. I know it will come back--it will--with time.
Vaseline will not harm the cats and in fact I have always used a tad now and again to help with their hairballs--my vet in CA told me it was not harmful and was better then having the hairballs. So that is a promising idea. I also use to use it on my hummingbird hooks--didn't put up the feeders this year--just did not feel it--sigh...I do see them flying by now and again and they did make me smile but I am already very busy so they will have to wait too. I also use to freeze the ants elston when they got in my cats food--no harm--so thank you all for the helpful ideas. Now I do have a little bit of good news....our power went off again this afternoon so instead of sitting here waiting for it to come back on we drove to that medical supply in that small town about 20 miles away. Super nice people, Christians and hey they even really care! The guys is coming over tomorrow with used batteries he said tested good but just in case he'll bring new batteries too and get this--he's charging us $25.00 to drive up to our house to install them and if the used batteries work they will only cost $40.00. I couldn't believe anyone would come that far and do the work for that price. Just such sweet caring people. I am so excited about getting this scooter working.
My DH told the guy that I have been depressed since we got them and found out the battery is dead--he had no clue he has been my problem. I tried to tell him earlier today and he said he was sorry but that I need to not say things to upset him????????????????? I never know what that might be lately so I guess no talking is the best bet for us or just answering him. It just seems to get more lonely all the time here. If I didn't have all of you I'd really be in a pickle cause I do not talk to anyone else lately--except my sister and she is in as bad if not worse shape then my DH as far as attitude. So once again thank you all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving