Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 08:35 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times

Advertisements

Hi, all. Cyn, I bet it helps to know he does realize what you mean to him and that he is sorry for how he's treated you. You, my friend, are his everything and he appreciates it.

Have a good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 08:51 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Good morning!

Cyn, it's good that the two of you can still talk like that, communication is key.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:48 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
I agree but still we seem to only get to actually open up to seldom.....it is so difficult to talk about our situation with one another. It really is heartbreaking for the two of us. My DH said he feels like he is stealing my good years--like I am in jail taking care of him. It is most definitely not what either of us had imagined our golden years together here would be like. I suppose that isn't so unusual for many people. We get older and things do happen.....sigh...but I entered into this relationship for better or for worse and in good health and illness so it just has to be what it is. No reason for anyone to feel guilty--we were not given a choice.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:37 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
cyn glad you could have the meaningful talk as hard as it is to do. Tell DH yes these aren't the cards y'all had planned for but think of the many married couples that lose a spouse much younger or to war. Those surviving spouses would probably wish for their late spouses to be back even if it meant a serious illness they had to endure just to have more time. Just remember God knew all this before you 2 did and He knows the outcome how we choose to go through it is up to us. Love ya.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Good morning cyn.

I'm glad you and your DH had a heart to heart. I'm sure it is terribly hard but it's good to get things out while talking rather than in anger.

Have you called any of your old friends from the Humane Society? Maybe a couple of hours out with them would cheer you up.

Weather has been crazy here. Lots and lots of rain this year.

Have a good week.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:03 AM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Good Morning cyn and friends. I woke up feeling so much better. What a nice way to greet the new day.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:14 AM

Good morning! Good to hear you feel better elston. Waking up feeling badly is not fun!
YL, I think the rain does not help with moods! Makes it hard to get outside to get any sunshine for sure! Yesterday I was going to mow the dogs yard, even though the mower has a bent wheel, and it started thundering and lightening before I could even start! Guess I bent the wheel somehow and now it doesn't mow evenly but it will be ok for the the dogs yard if I can get a break in this weather!
DH's back has been killing him--to much time sitting in front of the computer I think and he needs a new computer chair. He sees his Dr tomorrow so maybe he will tell us something. Not sure if it's the ALS or the chair. I know the muscles around his chest are getting weaker so that may be a part of it...sigh...

Old 07-09-2013, 07:30 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Morning cyn and friends...........
your right about moods. Stupid weather doesn't help at all.

Got a bent wheel. Oh gosh.....just what your need.

maybe dh shouldn't spend so much time in that chair. I wonder if excersise will help?

Old 07-09-2013, 08:55 AM

They told him a little exercise is ok but to much just hurts the dieing muscles more. He does need to walk as much as he can while he still can although it is pretty hard for him. I just feel like sleeping with this weather but can't make any money doing that and besides I never can sleep during the day as a rule. I have a couple of my outdoor cats that have colds from this weather and I just hope it doesn't develop into a respiratory problem. I did start one on antibiotics but am still just watching the other for now. Never a dull moment here.....

Old 07-09-2013, 01:19 PM

So I mowed even with the tire and deck lid not even--who cares really? By tomorrow you won't even be able to tell it's growing so fast! I got most of the back yard done and the dogs yard but the clouds are black and the sky is rumbling so I'm not one to push my luck! It's time to go to the PO anyhow. I did get quite a few items listed so at least I was busy.....if I don't stay busy especially without my ADD meds I'll go crazy. Just wish I had the energy--I know that makes little sense for those who do not understand ADD. We have energy but it's all mixed up and scattered and will wear you out! But I'm doing my list and so far so good. Now to find that "happy" pill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving