Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 08:50 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,642 times

Advertisements

I like your atitude Cyn. I quite trying to figure people out, it is enough to try to figure myself out. Glad you have heat now and enjoy the warmth. Hugs!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 08:56 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
I like your atitude Cyn. I quite trying to figure people out, it is enough to try to figure myself out.
Same here.

But you know, some people just can't face disease and sick people, so there might be something psychological there. And to be honest, I don't know what I would have done if someone else's child had been diagnosed with cancer. Now of course, things are a little different.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
I thought of that too Sudcaro. My sister was disappointed in our mother for not taking better care of herself--also my sisters husband is quite controlling so for her to have to be away helping with our mother--well maybe he just didn't want that but with my DH's son I have to think it is a lot to do with his wife. Before he was with her he called and came by pretty regularly. But he has his own life now I suppose I just feel badly for my DH and for my step son too once his father does pass I know he will regret not taking more time to be with him. I may be wrong.....

Old 01-29-2013, 11:56 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
That's a problem I have, too, Cyn. When someone hurts someone I love, I turn into a mama bear. Lookout!

So how's the Ol' Kitty feeling after her bath?

Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 PM

Old lady kitty has yet to even show her face! She is on my chair under a cover and is having very little to do with me. But she loves me and does love being clean. We are going to the PO so when we get back she will be greeting me with "so where is my dinner"? My animals are what gives me "happy". They always give and do very little taking---I do love them!

Old 01-29-2013, 01:58 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
I like your attitude too cyn. Holding a grudge is a waste of precious time.
Also.....I was thinking the same as Sudcaro. Some people can't deal with a loved one being sick. Guess we are all different.

Nice to hear old kitty is warm, comfy and clean too I feel the same way about my animals.

Ours hate it when we leave for the day. They get upset and when we come home, their so happy to see us.
Cats usuallly dont' care but our two do.

enjoy the warmth. Glad that episode is over for you. hugs to you and hubby

Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Cyn - How is Amber? Haven't seen her here in a while. Hope she is doing good.

I was envisioning you giving your cat a bath. I am laughing - I have never had a cat that liked to get a bath and they can be a handful when they are not happy! I can just see you......hair wild and wet, water all over the floor.....cat hissing at you and you holding on to it for dear life!

(I know that's not really how it is, but that's what popped in my head when you mentioned giving a cat a bath.)

Thinking of you and your dear DH. Prayers for y'all as always.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:29 PM

I can't say she enjoys a bath--but she does enjoy being clean afterwords...smile! She is getting so old that each and every meal ends up all over her poor face. She has gotten to be a lot of work--a work of love--but still it does take a lot of time to keep her in nice condition. I think I stress as much about her as I do my situation with my DH and my DH feels the same way about her so he is constantly watching and concerned with her---I think he feels a connection with her and life with me as the caregiver.....I do my very best. Then there is my sister......ah, she is worse then everything else combined so I have made a decision to only talk with her for a short time each day and try not to allow her to take me into her deep depression and she does that quite well sadly. Not sure how strong I can be but I am really really being pulled apart so today I made another appointment with my Dr to see if maybe she would refer me to a good psych Dr just to talk to if it is covered by my insurance. I desperately need to talk in person to someone for a little relief. I appreciate you guys and depend on you all but I also may need a good antidepressant. I'm not sure but will know on Friday at my appointment. I just cry so easily and do not feel very strong--I really need to improve on that.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:38 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
cyn don't beat yourself up to badly you have more than a plateful girl. Maybe your doctor can refer you to a caregiver support group in your area too. Huggies.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Oh sweet sweet Cyn! Honey! There is no doubt in my mind that you are doing the very best you can......and doing a fine job of it! You do whatever you feel you need to do.......Everyone is different, and everyone handles things differently. From what you have said here, I think you feel that you are holding on by your fingernails. I hate that for you.

I wish you strength. I wish you peace. I wish you happiness. I wish you love. I wish you confidence. I wish you friendship. Most of all, I wish you the "knowing" that you are a wonderful person, and the understanding that you are doing all that you can to take care of your DH, yourself, the furbabies, the house, the bills, etc.....

You are well loved, girl! More so that you might think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving