Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 06:12 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times

Advertisements

cyn-You are doing an amazing job. We all hear your frustrations but we are here for you.

I think a punching bag would be safer than the countertop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 06:34 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Add me to the love cyn list.

Here's hoping today is a better day.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:37 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
Morning Cyn and friends! Hope you have a great day today!

Old 07-25-2013, 06:38 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
I agree with Kats 100%

and add me to the list too.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:57 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,074,651 times
Me too, Cyn. How's your hand?

Next time, hit a pillow. It's much, much softer. (whispering now... and gets the frustrations out without any pain)

Old 07-25-2013, 07:05 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
A hug and thank you everyone!
Kats, help is down the road, for now my DH is still able to get around and he goes everywhere I go--he does not want to be without me. They will not provide any kind of help at this point and we don't have family close enough. Everyone works so getting anyone to help during the day around my neighborhood is not possible. The kind of help I need is therapy and since there doesn't appear to be any around our area I get my therapy right here thanks you all of you and it's probably the best therapy I could ever get anyhow with the best truly caring people. Yesterday we had to have our neighbor repair our lawn mower by putting on the new parts--that hurt my DH so much to have to have someone else repair something he could easily do before ALS. Also we got a new remote for our TV and he could not get it working right. He gets so federated and impatient not like he use to be. He would have just figured it out but last night--well it was a very bad night. His respiratory therapist says she sees this all the time sadly. 2 times he woke me up from a sound sleep in the den chair--once to tell me 2 of the cats were fighting so I got up and checked it out---just the typical cat spat--and then again he woke me up saying he couldn't find Ferah cat, the one with the bad hips, anywhere and asked if I had left her outside. It was pouring rain and I knew I had not left her out. I finally found her behind my chair sound asleep. I know he's stressed because he has had no sleep the last 2 nights because of the new settings on his machine, he's upset because he can no longer do the things he use to do and he's upset and feels I just don't care anymore because I fall asleep. It's just all insecurities so I'm not sure how to make him feel secure right now. A lot on my table. He is so angry with the world lately--I can't blame him for that.
I decided to take one of my ADD pills today and maybe that will help with me getting my ebay items in order again. It has gotten pretty messed up even with the lists! Ha! I did get some things organized but I have so much more to do. Plus with my mind going at light speed and my little brain trying to keep up (does that make any sense) when I relisted one of my items I forgot to change the shipping charges from free but had lowered the item to just a couple of dollars--I want to get rid of lots of things and get some kind of order--anyhow I ended up paying for this item for this person. Oh well, my mistake--early Merry Christmas! Ha! But I can't afford to do that again. Plus I need to mow today--I got the dogs yard done last night but now the whole back yard is in need too if it dries out enough. So a busy day for me ahead...have a good day everyone and please please please know how much I totally depend on each and every one of you--even those who don't post but just read and pray. I told the respiratory therapist about all of you and she feels that is a great therapy group for me and I agree. I so depend on all of you.....and your prayers--I do feel them!
Yes YL, a punching bag may be better but I have that torn rotator cuff--that is next on my list to have taken care of. Meantime maybe I need to take up exercising of some sort or taking the dog for a walk...I think this time I taught myself about beating up things like walls and counters--it hurts!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:20 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Cyn it is good to read your post....even tho the news is all tough news.....you sound as if you have a good understanding of it....and aren't beating yourself up.......your neighbor is a blessing.....everything a neighbor should be. You know that all of us here on line......are in your corner.....and want to do what we can to help......but we aren't there to mow or do any of the many physical chores to lighten your load.

Take care of yourself.....don't doubt yourself....and taking the dog out for a walk....sounds therapeutic.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:22 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,243 times
Oh, Cyn, so glad you have this forum to discuss how you feel. You are right where you need to be and you are doing it so eloquently.

Elston nicely said, I so agree.

Hugs Cyn.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:12 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,775,458 times
Thinking of you Cyn, your in my prayers.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:27 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,320,581 times
Big hugs for you my Cyn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving