Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 06:30 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times

Advertisements

Good morning cyn and friends.

You can call or e-mail Friskies and they may send you coupons in the mail. I have contacted companies in the past and requested coupons from them.
friskies

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 06:38 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Your weather sounds markedly improved cyn. That's a good thing!
Good Morning.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:38 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Good morning!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:51 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Good morning cyn and friends.

You can call or e-mail Friskies and they may send you coupons in the mail. I have contacted companies in the past and requested coupons from them.
friskies
Yes, I have been doing this for years YL but lately they started giving out much less. I only contact them about every 3-4 months as that is what they request and still I do feel somewhat greedy asking all the time--sigh....but this time they sent me coupons for 4 cans of cat food. Don't get me wrong I do appreciate that but that only feeds my cats for 2 days. When I called they explained that so many people are in need of assistance right now that they had to cut back and I can understand that. So many people have it much worse the we do and I want all the animals to have food! I'm always willing to do something for receiving help with my animals--like volunteering at the humane society when we still could, and since I seem to have cats that live to such old ages and they have only had Purina Pet Food Products-Friskies dry and canned I asked if they would like me to write something in regards to that--like a story about Yowlie (OL). They didn't really seem very interested and told me to post it on their page on FB. I would think that would be a big selling point but then that's just me.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:46 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
I am going to be looking for Friskie coupons in the newspaper this Sunday. I don't have cats so haven't been looking and don't know if they are running advertisements for Friskies.

At my church we just had a collection of pet food and products for the shelter animals. There is a lady who organizes it about every 3 mos. It looked as if she was getting a lot of donations.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:02 PM

Yes elston, people do care. Problem here in this area...well, so often the old timers just think of animals as just animals and it is often survival of the fittest...breaks my heart. Again I have to question if God really knew what is being thrown at me but I will do everything in my power to take care of them all! Money is tight in these rural areas and their thinking in regards to animals is so different from my own----I have a long hard road ahead of me it seems. But, my first and most important task is caring for my DH and my own animals which I will do! I have been listing since early this morning---I am slow because I try to do other things in between like house work and things for DH. But I did get quite a bit listed now to see if anything sells. It's amazing how tiring working on the computer can be--I am exhausted!

Old 08-02-2013, 01:50 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Cyn, is there a Costco, sam's Club or BJ's in your area? We get Friskies for the ferals there. You can get a case of 48 cans for $21.99 here, which is less than 50cents each. Sometimes they even have their own coupons for them. I forget what the dry food sells for.

If you'd like, I'll send you whatever coupons I see in the Sunday papers. Just let me know.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:31 PM

Yes, we do get a visitors pass for BJ's and we do buy up the Friskies cat food but hey girl--my pride has to take the back seat when it comes to feeding my critters so yes yes and yes...any coupons would be very much appreciated.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:36 PM

Right now Harris Teeter has Friskies on sale so I'm going to buy as many as they allow--have to stock up you know! I would easily go without food before I would ever even consider not feeding my critters.....but that won't happen anyhow. Food sounds yukky to me.......nothing sounds good really. It's just something I'm going through I suppose. I do drink my Boost to make sure I get my vitamins and such! We get coupons fron the ALS clinic to help with the cost of those. I think I am just a little burned out on what my DH can eat but I'll never say it to him.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:27 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Good morning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving