Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 05:32 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times

Advertisements

Good morning!

Big hugs Cyn, I can see you need one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 06:24 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
You got that right Sudcaro--thank you!
Here is one for you too!
Honestly elston my once feral cats have become just my outside cats now--all but one come up for their morning rub along with their fresh dish of dry food! So they are now my cats not just ferals anymore. They could survive probably but I would never just leave them.
I thought DH was going to sleep last night but apparently he was up because he had my water and nose spray on his night stand and they were on mine. I never heard him. I hope it was just a short time he was up and he went back to sleep. He told me last night it was all the talk about the "end" and having to get the legal paper work done plus his one Dr discussed the possibility of having to have a trachea some day so all of that was rushing through his head these last few days. He is having a very hard time accepting that this disease is killing him. He cried while talking about it and I just held him--not sure what else I can do.......

Last edited by cynwldkat; 09-03-2013 at 06:50 AM..

Old 09-03-2013, 06:56 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Sometimes that's exactly what's needed, Cyn....someone to hold onto. Hugs from me, too.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:13 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
cyn.....your report on the feral cats becoming tamed....reminds me of my favorite story...."The Little Prince". In the story the Little Prince has come to earth from his own tiny planet.....he is lost and wandering in the desert....when he meets a fox. Their conversation describes the establishment of Friendship and Connection.

“People have forgotten this truth," the fox said. "But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed.
“If you tame me, it would be as if the sun came to shine on my life.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

"I am looking for friends. What does that mean -- tame?"

"It is an act too often neglected," said the fox. "It means to establish ties."

"To establish ties?"

"Just that," said the fox. "To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world....”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

I believe that you have tamed your cats.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:14 AM

36,411 posts, read 16,020,348 times
Hugs from me too.

Here's George, it's easy to know when the fur babies are happy

Old 09-03-2013, 08:02 AM

That made me cry elston--yes I have tamed my cats!
Cute picture tas..and yes you can tell that is one happy cat!

Old 09-03-2013, 03:32 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
cyn maybe he just needs you to listen to him like we do you only you can give real hugs too. It would be a tough walk knowing what is ahead like he does I just wish he could find somebody to share with like you do. We are here for you both but only through the monitor, mail or phone call darn wish we could give you real hugs.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:45 PM

You have no idea Jaxon how much I wish that too....I sure could use the human touch right now...sigh....
This is just one of my very very lonely days even with everyone here it is as you said--no human touch and today I could use that. But I do have you all here and I can feel you all sending good thoughts so I'll pull it together and this to shall pass. Wow I am sure lucky I have you all here!! I'd really be a mess if I didn't! Yikes.....

Old 09-03-2013, 03:49 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
The human touch is a healing power it really is we were meant to touch & be touched. I can remember folks in my life that gave awesome hugs I'd love to have one again. If any folks from that church come over don't bulk if one of them reaches out to hug you it might just be one of our prayers being answered hear?

Old 09-03-2013, 04:53 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
The human touch is a healing power it really is we were meant to touch & be touched. I can remember folks in my life that gave awesome hugs I'd love to have one again. If any folks from that church come over don't bulk if one of them reaches out to hug you it might just be one of our prayers being answered hear?
such a nice thought.....really nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving