Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2013, 03:54 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,198,514 times

Advertisements

Dh is sad this evening...he said just down.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 04:13 PM

47,834 posts, read 21,867,692 times
He has a right to his feelings if anyone ever did. I never give him a pass on how he treats you....but feeling sad. That is so understandable.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:52 PM

Old 11-23-2013, 08:39 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,717,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
cyn......it may make you and your DH feel better to know that urinary and fecal incontinence is not typical of als......at least my little bit of google research indicated that it is uncommon......so perhaps this was a sign that he was sick from some other cause....and not something that he will have to worry about as a regular event. ALS effects voluntary muscle groups more than involuntary muscles.....at least that is what the literature says.

Anyway......I hope that he is feeling better today......and are past the traumatic event of last evening.

Not true with my wife.

She went from panties with a pad, to depends, to diapers as she has no control whatsoever .

It all started with "occasional accidents" and constantly spiraled downward to complete loss of control.

She was first diagnosed in March of 2011.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:29 AM

Good morning everyone!
Teddy, I am so sorry for both you and your wife. ALS is still such a mystery and our doctor said there is not only one type of ALS but many just all under the title of ALS. I'm praying this was just an "accident" and will not become a way of life for my DH. That would be very hard for him.
Woke up to freezing temps today--brrrr...but blue skies so far!
Have a lovely day everyone!

Old 11-24-2013, 07:31 AM

Good Morning cyn and friends. I hope you have a peaceful and happy Sunday. Oh I need to remember to take the frozen turkey out of the freezer to the fridge today......I may cook it on Wednesday....or wait till Thursday....not sure.

I wasn't going to cook a turkey....but as the holiday gets closer.....I couldn't resist buying a small one. We are going to be serving T dinner at a community center on Thrusday 10 - 2 pm......but will probably have our turkey in the evening. (My DP doesn't really care for turkey or the usual side dishes....oh well I cant let that stand in the way of "TRADITION".

Cyn.....if you lived closer....I would be happy to send a turkey and gravy care package over to you and your DH. I bet he could eat a moist in-the-bird stuffing if it didn't have any chucks of celery etc in it.....and whipped potatoes and gravy shouldn't present any problem. A pumpkin custard in a ramkin (no crust) should also be enjoyable.

Last edited by elston; 11-24-2013 at 08:18 AM..

Old 11-24-2013, 07:35 AM

We are suppose to go to my sons house for Thanksgiving--we plan to but the weather isn't looking good so we'll see. My grand daughter called yesterday to see if we are coming and asked that I bring the creamed onions and deviled eggs..smile! If the weather is really bad I'm not sure what we will do and if DH is feeling under the weather but so far we are keeping plans to go. Fingers crossed!

Old 11-24-2013, 07:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,187,691 times
It would be nice if you could go. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the weather and DH's issues allow.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
We are suppose to go to my sons house for Thanksgiving--we plan to but the weather isn't looking good so we'll see. My grand daughter called yesterday to see if we are coming and asked that I bring the creamed onions and deviled eggs..smile! If the weather is really bad I'm not sure what we will do and if DH is feeling under the weather but so far we are keeping plans to go. Fingers crossed!

Hope that you get to stop over to your sons house for T Day....that would be nice.

My grand daughter always looks forward to deviled eggs too. I thnk she likes her great grandmother's best. That dear lady who we spent so many Thanksgivings with is on hospice care now.....so her family is gathering at the Nursing home dining hall (Maine) for the celebration; that's where my son and all his in-laws will gather. Maybe my grand daughter will make her deviled eggs.....I think her trick is a little vinegar in the yolk mixture. (I use sweet pickle juice and Worcestershire sauce.)

Old 11-24-2013, 08:40 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,276,154 times
Hi Cyn and friends!

Fingers crossed for you to be able to spend Thanksgiving day with family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving