Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 11:43 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,183,971 times

Advertisements

cyn that quote I posted last night is so true for you today I'm so very sorry about little girl it is maddening knowing we do all we can for our animals. Hope it was just a dog passing through and that the other outside animals are on high alert now.

Travelassie well said it does makes us stronger but at times we can't see it will when we are in a weakened state of mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 11:48 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,304,113 times
I am considering staying up all night the next few nights if necessary.....I just feel so badly I was not there to help her and she fought! I hope you are right Jaxson..........I am so beyond sad today...I don't even want to take any medications that may make me sleep to heavy so I don't hear a problem...

Old 01-12-2014, 12:48 PM

48,117 posts, read 21,997,640 times
Cyn.....my condolences. Now I am worried that you will make yourself sick......worrying and not getting your sleep. I thnk Jaxson may be right that the other cats will be on high alert....and thus safer.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:42 PM

14,938 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am considering staying up all night the next few nights if necessary.....I just feel so badly I was not there to help her and she fought! I hope you are right Jaxson..........I am so beyond sad today...I don't even want to take any medications that may make me sleep to heavy so I don't hear a problem...
Awwwww Cyn, there is no way you could have known this would happen. Understandable that you'd want to do whatever you could for your other kitties, but going without sleep yourself will only make you sick, and then you wouldn't be able to carry out everything else you have to do....

I'd count on the kitty experts here who say that the other cats will be on alert for an intruder since this happened. I'm not a kitty expert myself ( we have pet birds) so I'll leave that to them, but I can imagine how yours and DH's hearts hurt over this senseless killing, and I hurt with you.....((((Cyn))))

Old 01-12-2014, 01:50 PM

14,938 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
cyn that quote I posted last night is so true for you today I'm so very sorry about little girl it is maddening knowing we do all we can for our animals. Hope it was just a dog passing through and that the other outside animals are on high alert now.

Travelassie well said it does makes us stronger but at times we can't see it will when we are in a weakened state of mind.
No, you can't see that when you're going through it, in fact you feel overwhelmed and think you'll never be happy again, never see the light of day, even. In fact, you might even want to bop anyone who suggests that there might be light at the end of the tunnel, because you can't see it or it seems so far away it's unreachable. But it might be a small source of comfort during the darkest times in your life, if you're able to tuck the thought away that things will be better someday.....

Old 01-12-2014, 01:54 PM

You know I can remember being a small child, finding a bird who had fallen from it's nest and grasping it and holding it close to my heart praying to God that this one I could save! Of course it never happened...birds are hard for even a skilled adult with practice in rescue to save but of course I didn't know that. Out town, population 38 high in the mountains I didn't have a lot of outside help. I did my best but to this day I can remember all those tears for the birds that died and the burials I always had for them. Each one hurt me equally as bad. Total loss and that is when I decided to learn how to make them get well. Even to this day we can only do so much and even today it hurts me just as bad. I suppose I will never grow out of that innocence of believing I can save everything.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:43 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,259,466 times
Oh, cyn...my heart goes out to you. I know how hard it is to lose a fur kid, especially in such a cruel way. I feel terrible for you.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:18 PM

In my opinion there is nothing worse then sleeping in a place that is your home, secure and safe only to be viciously attached and killed. I don't want it to happen again! I have all the flood lights on and plan on sleeping with one eye open--maybe even in the guest room after DH falls to sleep. He would be so insecure knowing I wasn't next to him....we'll see....He feels so bad....poor guy..he wants to make it better for me--he use to be able to but now it's up to me.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:00 AM

48,117 posts, read 21,997,640 times
Good Morning cyn and DH and all your many on-line friends. I hope that your house was like the "peaceable kingdom" last night!

Old 01-13-2014, 06:21 AM

Thank you elston and good morning to you too and everyone else!
No problems last night--I did leave the flood lights on and checked a few times during the night to make sure all was okay. I also brought in the cats dry food--no more leaving it out at night as it will just invite other critters. I always enjoyed feeding them all but now I see it may bring in other animals I don't want here. My DH was more upset then me---I know he is worried about me so I have to make an extra effort to go on with our lives and be happy to have him here still. I know he feels like he should be able to do something to better protect our cats and he would have years ago but times have changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving