Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 06:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times

Advertisements

Good morning dear friends!
Same to you Dude--
Today I am calling to make DH's hospital appointment.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 10:51 AM

I mentioned it is time for me to make DH's appointment to get the feeding peg and he had other things for me to do. Honestly I do understand him wanting this to just go away but it is not going to do that. It has to be his decision but the longer he puts this off the harder it is on his body and me! Sorry if I put me in that sentence but this is about me as well as him at this point. I feel every bit of pain, terror, insecurities and all that goes along with this. It's not like we have even one family member here to help with anything---it is just me and him. Sorry--a little rant but sometimes I feel the need to do just that. Where better to do that except for here where I actually have friends that really care!?! Thanks for being here!

Old 02-24-2014, 01:47 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,071,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
.... Sorry--a little rant but sometimes I feel the need to do just that. Where better to do that except for here where I actually have friends that really care!?! Thanks for being here!
You rant all you want to, dear. That's what friends are for. We listen well, too.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:34 PM

48,113 posts, read 21,992,097 times
It is about you too cyn.....it is Your Life that you are living as a careprovider.....and you are desperately lonely and sad.....It is about you.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:38 PM

You so understand elston--thank you!

Old 02-24-2014, 07:21 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I mentioned it is time for me to make DH's appointment to get the feeding peg and he had other things for me to do. Honestly I do understand him wanting this to just go away but it is not going to do that. It has to be his decision but the longer he puts this off the harder it is on his body and me! Sorry if I put me in that sentence but this is about me as well as him at this point. I feel every bit of pain, terror, insecurities and all that goes along with this. It's not like we have even one family member here to help with anything---it is just me and him. Sorry--a little rant but sometimes I feel the need to do just that. Where better to do that except for here where I actually have friends that really care!?! Thanks for being here!
Sounds like a good rant is in order, dear Cyn......and absolutely no apologies needed! What you're saying is absolutely true, and your frustration is well justified....

I hope for his sake, and yours, your DH will realize the longer he puts this off the worse it will be for him, and for you as his loving caretaker...

It's a lonesome trip you're taking there, my friend, and I sure wish there were a way we could reach out through the wilds of cyberspace and make it less lonely for you...

You have our continued prayers and good thoughts, and we care, dear Cyn, so much.........

Old 02-25-2014, 06:59 AM

Good morning friends!
Thank you TL.
I have a Dr appointment today--just my typical check-up. Since I take an anxiety medication I have to be seen by my Dr every 3 months.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:28 AM

I need to share this.....last night a lot of the neighborhood dogs were barking and even our Basset BuBu started in so I went out with a flash light to see what the problem was(flood lights are always on now but a couple burned out so some areas are dark)--looking to be sure it wasn't those dogs that killed my cat. Didn't see anything so I came back in. Our dog stopped barking but as usual my worry took over and I was getting set to head back out the door just to take a second look---my DH stopped me and said just look out the window because every time you go out all the kitties gather around your feet and when you come back in they are still on the ground. He said you have to start thinking now because I won't be here much longer to help you. I saw tears in his eyes...

Old 02-25-2014, 11:59 AM

48,113 posts, read 21,992,097 times
OMG so very sad....heart breaking....but also dealing with reality which is good! Holding you both in my heart and in my prayers.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:16 PM

Yes elston....it is sad...he does love and care for me and our fur babies...he is a good person...but he is dieing and I am going to miss him so much..............
Even in his grumpy times....

Last edited by cynwldkat; 02-25-2014 at 02:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving