Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 12:53 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You are each and ever single one so one so perfect and wonderful! Thank you! Elston your caring hit me very hard in my heart and as a rule I never let anything get to me like that--you are very special!
I made DH's appointment for his peg in the hospital for April 2nd! Major accomplishment!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 12:57 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Awesome news cyn!

Old 03-11-2014, 06:29 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Good Morning cyn and all the many friends who stop by to check in and add their support.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Good morning friends!
Last night DH explained how hard it is for him to even get just a little air and trying to talk is so hard--he cried and said I am still alive in here as he put his hand on his heart! Because he has to repeat his words so often it wears him out and that is when he gets upset at me. I know he was trying to say it is the situation not me. He cried and held me and asked if tomorrow (today) we could make it a better day. I find myself getting upset when I can't understand his words especially at night when we are both tired so I have to practice being more patient too. He is so stubborn he doesn't want to spend the money for a notebook even though they have grants to help us...maybe he will when his talking is completely gone. He wants so badly to talk and carry on a normal conversation....breaks my heart!
The good news is today is going to be a good day!

Old 03-11-2014, 06:42 AM

819 posts, read 1,591,789 times
Now that you have the peg scheduled you can breathe a little easier yourself. You know your neighbors are going to be looking out for your fur babies and getting your yard work done. Just try (and I know it is not as easy to actually do it - rather than someone telling you to) to day one step at a time, one day at a time.

I have a doctor's apt today for a dermatologist to look at my arm where I hurt it in the ice storm. I do not feel like it is healing properly, so I want them to look at it and tell me yay or nay! Anyway, we're having another pretty day here then rain tomorrow.

Hope everyone who stops by will have a good day and reflect on something they are thankful for. Other than having caring people who I've never met send so much love and caring for people they only know online, mine is waking up, having breakfast made for me, reading the newspaper and being able to get out and about.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:47 AM

I'm thankful you are going to have that injury checked out by a doctor--always better safe then sorry!

Old 03-11-2014, 07:45 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Good morning cyn and friends.

I am so glad you scheduled the surgery. What wonderful neighbors. I am so happy that you are getting some help and support from your neighbors. How great for you.

Hugs to you cyn. It must be so hard for both of you right now. Can he use a tablet? Maybe you should check into it anyway if you can get the grant.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:27 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,642 times
Cyn,

I am so relieved and happy to know that the peg has been scheduled. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. My heart goes out to you both during your journey together and the love you both have for one another is so strong and enduring. Hugs and love sent your way.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:16 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning friends!
Last night DH explained how hard it is for him to even get just a little air and trying to talk is so hard--he cried and said I am still alive in here as he put his hand on his heart! Because he has to repeat his words so often it wears him out and that is when he gets upset at me. I know he was trying to say it is the situation not me. He cried and held me and asked if tomorrow (today) we could make it a better day. I find myself getting upset when I can't understand his words especially at night when we are both tired so I have to practice being more patient too. He is so stubborn he doesn't want to spend the money for a notebook even though they have grants to help us...maybe he will when his talking is completely gone. He wants so badly to talk and carry on a normal conversation....breaks my heart!
The good news is today is going to be a good day!
Be on guard cyn......I know he can't physically hurt you....but still! The cycle of abusive behavior often begins with the apology and tears for the previous incident.

I know my suspicion isn't as nice to read as the uplifting messages of understanding....but I worked with men who abused....and I do see familiar patterns. Of course you have compassion and understanding.....but also be sure to watch out for #1 (that's you.)

Old 03-11-2014, 01:21 PM

Thank you elston for the warming. I take it with gratefulness for your concern. It's one more thing you and I have in common--I majored in college in sociology and psychology and it is so much easier for me to use it when dealing with others then with myself. I didn't graduate--I had a family instead but I did learn a lot from my classes and the few years I did go to college but still it is so much more difficult to see it with ones self then to see when it is happening to others. Thanks for the warning. I suppose I pray and hope for the best and that my DH is sincere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving