Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 10:11 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,198,514 times

Advertisements

Wish the temperature would rise enough to get rid of this ice---it's still only 30 degrees and it looks like I may be taking DH back to see his doctor. He's having some problems that prune juice didn't help with. We're going to give it a bit more time and hopefully something works or at least the ice melts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 10:47 AM

14,798 posts, read 11,938,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning friends.
Elston we have most things in order--still have to have the house put in my name only--right now it's in both our names and since we have different last names that has to be done. The cremation will be done by the ALS community because we have offered to let them use his body for research so they will take care of the cremation. The banking is in my name except our PayPal account and I just opened a PayPal account so we do need to transfer that money from DH's account into my account. We already put the truck in my name. We just need to sell all those things we brought from CA to sell online as our retirement. Looks like we may have to consider an auction at this point. Lose a lot of money that way but at least it would be done. Something for us to consider. Right now even thinking about all of this is like a bad dream....but we do know it has to be done.
(((((Cyn)))))))..... I can't think of anything to say......but it looks as though you and DH are facing this and preparing as you must...... ((((Cyn))))one more time....

I guess taking care of all this and wrapping up any loose ends you can think of will eliminate that source of stress.......

Old 03-18-2014, 10:51 AM

14,798 posts, read 11,938,114 times
Quote:
Yes elston, that is a big worry for us as well. Not only his son that lives here but he has 2 daughters that live in other states that would be out to get whatever they can...we know that...I'm sure they are just waiting...sigh...sometimes I wonder what this world is coming to. It makes me cry.
Me too, Cyn...... praying for you....

Old 03-18-2014, 11:17 AM

Yesterday my DH's doctor asked if I have a support group...a place I go and talk about all of the things going on. I explained where I live and that I have the best group of friends online--never seen any of them but know them and trust them more then anyone I have ever met in person. Not sure if he understood--but I could not make it without all of you here! So many thanks!!!!

Old 03-18-2014, 12:00 PM

47,834 posts, read 21,867,692 times
Quote:
Yesterday my DH's doctor asked if I have a support group...a place I go and talk about all of the things going on. I explained where I live and that I have the best group of friends online--never seen any of them but know them and trust them more then anyone I have ever met in person. Not sure if he understood--but I could not make it without all of you here! So many thanks!!!!
And as Sonny and Cher used to sing......"I got you babe!" or "you got us, babe."

Old 03-18-2014, 12:10 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,111,916 times
We get it cyn.

Having just downsized it is shocking how much auction brings for items but having said that it is so much less stress than trying to sell each item at sales. You have to worry about weather, price it all, advertise etc plus trying to watch & help everybody that comes to your sale. I wish I had started sooner gathering the stuff for auction and put more stuff in it instead of having rummage/moving sales. Yes that was plural had 2 sales just not worth the work, stress & time for me and I had help.

Have a friend that works at a veterans hospital she said families leave their loved ones there some times for years without visiting, calling or checking on them. As soon as they pass away family members are calling wanting to know how they collect their money or possessions. Sickening how death brings out the uglies in folks I say if you can't come see me when I am living don't bother coming around when I'm dead.

Glad y'all are getting legal stuff taken care of now.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:26 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,039,105 times
Quote:
You know you have us, Cyn, always. But please don't write off the support groups at ALS. They truly helped my good friend get through the same horrific journey that you and DH are being forced to endure every day, all day. The ALS community has online support groups too and believe me, those people are amazing! They have been through so much (like you) and yet they're willing to share their knowledge on things to do that might help others in the same situation. Hmmm... now that I see those words on the screen I can think of instances where you've done that. With all you have to deal with, you've reached out to others to help them get through a difficult time. Support can sure be a two-way street....

Thinking of you every day, Cyn.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:45 PM

LL..I do have a couple of ALS support groups online but rarely go to them...it's very depressing really. I feel sad I can't handle it but I am being honest. I have so much right here in my home that I just can't bring myself to read so many sad stories. I guess I'm just not strong enough...to sensitive..I don't know. But when anyone from one of the ALS sites asks me anything I do answer the best that I can. Mostly they share their stories and what they are going through...I do have one girl from the ALS clinic I message almost daily...we try to stay positive. She is really a bit of sunshine! And she has gone through much more then me.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:47 PM

Thanks elston, Jaxson and LL and everyone for everything.
I hear what you say Jaxson....it is something I am seriously thinking about now.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:01 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,198,791 times
Hi Cyn and everyone,

I read nightly the posts here on your blog , Cyn. Taking the unexpected and making the best of it, that is what care givers do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving