Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 11:23 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times

Advertisements

Cyn.....the quality of your neighbors, the als clinic, your on-line friends.....and your bravery and courage and class.....more than makes up for the pygmy souls and shriveled character or your DH's sons. You will be alright. You are a force to be reckoned with. Just keep on going and don't be distracted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 12:53 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
Wow elston, you made me feel so good!

Old 03-28-2014, 01:25 PM

14,933 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning friends!
Today is going to be better--rain and all! DH ate an entire meal last night and things and his constipation seems to be getting much better! Just a few more days until he get his feeding peg and hopefully that will help with a lot of the problems.
As far as his son goes, YL his son knows we need some help. My DH asked him last year before the ALS got this bad so they could work together on things. His son told us we would need to move closer to them---he would have his in-laws sell our home and we could rent closer to them and then they could help. We only live 48 miles from him. They are rarely home anyhow and we would know no one there. And why would he have his in-laws sell our home--to pay for our rent near him? Then I would have nothing so that is not ever going to happen. I guess because we didn't go along with it he decided we didn't really need his help. I know we are suppose to forgive but this boy makes that difficult to do. But he is the one who will have to live with it the rest of his life once his father passes away. My DH and I are very aware of his kids and how they think so we have tried very hard to make sure everything is protected legally for me.
Right now I have to concentrate on my DH and not let his son rent any space in my head! I just feel really bad for my DH cause I know it hurts him.

Well, that's some hopeful news- glad to hear it... I think you said the feeding tube was scheduled to be put in somewhere around the first week of April, was it? April 1 is next Tuesday, so it's coming right up. You know your DH will be getting the nourishment he needs with the feeding tube, and he'll be able to still eat what he can, just purely for taste, when he wants to.

Sounds like DH's son is one self-centered SOB- unfortunately, it seems there is no shortage of people just like him, certainly in our family as well. It hurts, especially when that selfishness is so blatant, but you're wise in not dwelling on something you can't do anything about. And you're both even wiser to protect you down the road from the vulture that DH's son would likely become. I know how it hurts to see one's own children, so carefully raised, loved, and provided for when they were young, become those vultures, and I am sorry.

But you know DH has the soul of generosity and unselfishness right there in you. I hope he knows that....

Old 03-28-2014, 01:29 PM

14,933 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Cyn.....the quality of your neighbors, the als clinic, your on-line friends.....and your bravery and courage and class.....more than makes up for the pygmy souls and shriveled character or your DH's sons. You will be alright. You are a force to be reckoned with. Just keep on going and don't be distracted.
Well, CD won't let me increase your reputation for this post, Elston- got to spread it around first. But what a fanatastic post it is, Elston....... about says it all, I think....

Old 03-28-2014, 04:26 PM

Awww, you guys both have made me feel so much better about myself. I have such a low self esteem so much of the time and you just put some good back into me! Thank you from my heart--truly!

Old 03-28-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Awww, you guys both have made me feel so much better about myself. I have such a low self esteem so much of the time and you just put some good back into me! Thank you from my heart--truly!
You deserve m'lady...you deserve! Try to remember that the next time you are feeling low and beating up on yourself. There are many of us who admire you and all you do....even when you cant do everything you want to or everything that is expected of you.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:37 AM

Good Saturday Morning cyn and to your DH and your many friends, also. I hope that you have a good weekend. There is a light shower going on here this morning....the air is still and warm (70's).....I think it is going to be a rainy weekend. My honey suggested we go out for supper tonight to our nearby southern café--an upscale country restaurant with great fried chicken. He has a hankering for the chicken.....I haven't decided yet.....I have all day to think about that.

Anyway.....have a good day.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:13 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
Good morning all….

Just stopping by before the kids come for breakfast.

Cyn-I hope your DH had a restful night and I hope you both have a good day today

Old 03-29-2014, 06:44 AM

We received this email last night--hope it's okay to post it---very important!

We need your help NOW to continue funding for the ALS Research Program (ALSRP) at the Department of Defense.Some Members of Congress are looking to cut or eliminate programs like the ALSRP in order to pay for other non-ALS programs. If the ALSRP does not have the support of multiple Members of Congress, it likely will not be funded next year.Reps. Joe Courtney (D-CT) and Dave Reichert (R-WA) have stepped up to champion our cause and are circulating a Dear Colleague letter to support continued funding for the ALSRP. We need your help to get as many Members of Congress as possible to sign the "Dear Colleague letter". We cannot overstate how important it is that you reach out to your Member of Congress. Make sure they know that the ALSRP specifically designed to find a treatment for ALS, a disease that strikes military veterans at twice the rate as the general public, and that italready has identified three potential treatments for ALS treatments that would benefit everyone living with ALS. Please urge them to sign the Courtney-Reichert Dear Colleague letter!
> The deadline for Members of Congress to sign the letter is just a few days away, Tuesday, April 1, so please contact your Representative today! If Congress does not hear from you, a program that has provided nearly $50 million in funding for ALS research may be eliminated to pay for other programs that have nothing to do with ALS.
> Contact Congress today!

Old 03-29-2014, 06:45 AM

Good morning dear friends...hope you all have a good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving